Friday, June 25, 2010

Dear Jane

My sister and I had a long overdue Dear Jane marathon.  We do these marathons now and again where we set aside a couple days on the calendar to work on our Dear Jane quilts.  This has been a project that has been going on for years for us and every once in a while we sit ourselves down and give ourselves a stern talking to.  Not really, it is more like we get on the phone and talk about how we really need to make some progress.  We are over a hundred blocks along by now (really it is over 200 if you are counting both our quilts) and there are one hundred and sixty nine blocks (4 1/2” finished) total.   And that is just the middle.  We aren’t even talking about the pieced triangle border yet because that just causes us to break out in a sweat.  So here is what I accomplished over the last two days…   

 

DSC07726

I-13, Sweet Harmony

 

DSC07727

K-8, Springbrook Park

 

 

DSC07728

D-1, Alison’s Guiding Light

At the beginning of our Dear Jane journey we split up all the blocks evenly.  Now I am trying to strike a bargain with her that I will do some of her paper pieced blocks that have a bazillion pieces if she will do some of my teeny tiny applique blocks.  I am not sure if she will go for it though.  Maybe if I throw in picking out all the paper from the paper pieced blocks before handing them over to her.  Think that will work?

15 comments:

Tina said...

hmmm, maybe...

Over40 said...

May I ask, what is a "Dear Jane" quilt?

Trisha said...

Good question Over40! You can read all about the Dear Jane quilt here:

http://www.dearjane.com/

Over40 said...

Thanks! your blocks are beautiful!

Mel said...

I need to get to mine - I've got the center all done, just need to do the dreaded cones!

Jackie said...

All those tiny pieces are kind of scary!

Your blocks look beautiful. If your sister is not a paper piecing fan, I'm sure she'll take you up on your trade!

Sharon said...

Adorable little blocks, and so many pieces! It will all be worth it in the end!

julieQ said...

I am loving these!! How beautiful...I am so excited about my Dear Jane...isn't this fun??

Rebekah said...

these quilts definitely take forever to make, but they are definitely gorgeous when all completed!

That's great that you and your sister work together on these. Hopefully she'll take you up on your offer :)

Alexis said...

Those look great Trisha! I like the idea of splitting the blocks with a partner. Since I will never get my brother to start sewing and do a Dear Jane with me, I think you and your sister are both so lucky!

Christine said...

well all you can do is try and hope she goes for it, lovely to share this with your sister.

cheers
Christine

RETRO-fabulous said...

What a fun bonding experience with your sister!! This must be the week for Guiding Light, as I just did one yesterday myself. Lovely blocks, thanks for sharing your progress.
Happy Quilting,
Heather

em's scrapbag said...

Love your beautiful tiny blocks!

Busy As Can Be said...

Your blocks are wonderful! Keep going you can do it!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Dear Jane. My enemy, my friend. But mostly my enemy. Yours are fabulous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails