Monday, June 1, 2009

Quilt Show - part 1


Well the quilt show was wonderful. We had an incredible turn out. Last I heard we had over 700 people come through. When I wasn't working, I wandered around looking at all the amazing quilts. It was so inspiring!



I entered my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt in the show. This was my first quilt show so I picked the "First Time Entry in a Quilt Show" category. They put my quilt right behind the admissions table which was a great spot since it was the first quilt people saw.



The ladies at the admissions table said that some people thought it was the raffle quilt and wanted to buy a ticket!



It was fun to have my quilt judged and to see what they liked and what I could have done better. It all worked out because guess what? I got a first place ribbon for my quilt!! Can you believe it? I can't stop smiling!


My sister, Ellen, came to visit me and see the show. It felt so good to have her come and support me. That's me on the left and my sis on the right.

She brought my little nephew (remember, I got to be there when he was born).


My husband came too and brought the kids. It was fun to show off all the hard work we have put into making the show a success. I hope you are up for some pictures of quilt because I have a lot to share from the show! Part 2 coming soon...


17 comments:

julieQ said...

I am so proud of you! Wow, and yours is my big time favorite in the book. I hope I can keeeeeppppp going! That is a lot of blocks. I love this quilt.

ferne said...

Congratulations! Great job and the quilt and glad to see that others recognize your talent, too!

jovaliquilts said...

Congratulations!! That's absolutely wonderful. It's a beautiful quilt, and it must be very nice to realize that other people think so, too!

Kim said...

Congratulations Trisha! The quilt is beautiful and definitely deserving of a 1st place ribbon. I look forward to seeing more quilts from the quilt show.

Tina said...

Wow! That is so amazingly cool! Congratulations. You must be so happy and proud!

Candace said...

Congratulations, Trisha - a beautiful quilt and a well deserved win! Our plans changed so we weren't able to make it to the show! Next year if we're still here I'll put it on my calendar early! Oh - and I would have definitely asked for a raffle ticket for your quilt!
Cheers!

Wool Winder said...

Congratulations on first place. It's a beauty!

Libby said...

Congrats on the ribbon - that quilt definitely deserves it! Looks great!

Lou said...

Now - in part II, don't forget to tell everyone how HARD you worked. Hard, physical, break-a-sweat labor! Tons of praise for that!

Sherri said...

Your quilt is gorgeous...congrats on the ribbon!

MelissaS said...

Awesome! Way to go! Quilt shows are so much fun! Glad you had a good time.

We Six Nasons said...

Congratulations Trisha, what a fabulous first entry!

Rebekah said...

congrats on getting a first place ribbon! Your quilt is gorgeous and I love the sampler pattern

Anne Ida said...

Congratulations on the ribbon! So well deserved!!

Dena said...

Congratulations on your first place ribbon! Quite an accomplishment on your first ever entry. Great job!

Sandy said...

I'm getting caught up on your posts. You are very prolific with these posts. Good job.

Sandy

PS Nice seeing you at the guild meeting last night. You did a good job with volunteers.

Michelle said...

It is a beautiful quilt. Congratulations on the 1st place win.

Related Posts with Thumbnails