Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Race

Saturday my family did the Sound to Narrows 5k walk. It was our first time to do anything like this and it was a lot of fun. The kids did great and enjoyed getting the t-shirts and all the freebies after the race.



I would have to say that the coolest part was meeting and getting my picture with Ali Vincent, the winner of The Biggest Loser season 5. I love that show and I loved her and her mom, Bette-Sue, when I watched that season. She is an inspiration for getting healthy and staying that way.


Maybe someday our family will be running the 5k.



6 comments:

Tina said...

How fun, and what a great thing to do together as a family!

em's scrapbag said...

What a great way to spend time with your family.

Rebekah said...

congrats! That is a great way to spend time together as a family and instill a love of exercise in your kids!

Lou said...

Now you can start aiming for that 3-day 60 mile walk, right?

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Wow, how incredibly fun and healthy!

peaknits said...

How awesome - and that you got a pic with the Biggest Loser and her mom - they were a great pair!

Related Posts with Thumbnails