Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cat Bordhi

It is always fun here at retreat to see who is going to be our neighbors in the next meeting room. I think just about every time I have been to retreat it is a group of meditators and I always feel bad because we are not quiet. Well this time we have a big group of male knitters. Some of them have come over to see what we are doing and shared some of their knitting.


Well Friday night they had a guest speaker. And if you are a knitter you know the woman in the picture with me. Yep, she gets her own post with her name as the title!



The knitter who coordinated her visit came over and told me he had talked to Cat and asked her if she would come meet me before she went and spoke to them. I think it was his nice way of saying don't even try to come over for her lecture. I think he could see the crazy look in my eyes and didn't want me over there scaring anyone. Really though, it was very nice of him to ask her to pay me a visit.


I did my usual act-like-an-idiot-around-famous-people. She was very nice and had to remind me that she is just a normal person like me, embarrassing I know. I just had a problem forming coherent sentences that's all. She told me about her new book coming out and it was so cool to hear her explained it. I can't tell you how bad I wished I has one of her sock patterns on the needles right then. But my sweet husband did rush one of her books over to me so I could have her sign it. It was so nice to meet her and what a surprise to meet a famous knitter at my quilting retreat!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Trisha, that is really cool. I'm glad you were able to meet her and have her sign one of the books you have of hers. Enjoy your quilt retreat, too! They are so much fun, aren't they?

Lou said...

I'm jealous....and after taking your quilt on a tour of the grounds - I bet you can see why people pose with socks...much easier to transport, huh? will we get to see all the retreat quilts like last time????

julieQ said...

I am glad she got to meet you!!

Tina said...

you are too funny!

Pat said...

So much fun to see knitting superstars!
and I love your Birthday Quilt - beautiful colors!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

How fun. It is always nice to meet someone we admire. I am always so happy to meet designers.

em's scrapbag said...

What a bonus to your fun retreat!

Rebekah said...

what a fun experience! That is so cool that you got to meet a famous knitter...I am the same way when I meet famous people (not like it happens all the time, but when it does I'm a bambling idiot)

Related Posts with Thumbnails