Thursday, September 17, 2009

DQS7

I finished my DQS7 quilt and it is on its way to my partner right now.   

DSC06386

This quilt was a bit of a stretch for me.  It was my first try at liberated quilting. 

DSC06394

And my first black and white with a splash of color.


DSC06392 

I’ve wanted to try both for a while now.  I was so glad to get a partner with these preferences.

DSC06382

It forced me to jump in with both feet.  There might have been a little tripping when I jumped but I got the hang of it eventually. 

DSC06397

By the time I was done I decided that I might have had some fun and might even try it again. 

DSC06387

I hope my partner likes it because it was really hard to let this one go!

13 comments:

MichelleB said...

It looks great! I'm sure your partner will love it. I just posted about the same thing - who would have thought letting them go would be so hard. lol

Dena said...

Your contrasting colors really worked well in this quilt. Great job!

jabeybaby said...

Very neat quilt! I'm sure your partner will love it!

Alexis said...

It's great to have a challenge that helps you stretch out a bit! I like your quilt label, too- where did you get them?

Candace said...

Your partner is going to love it! I would have a hard time letting it go, too! Beatutiful, Trisha!
Cheers!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

That would be so hard to giveaway. Love it.

Tina said...

Superb!!

Rebekah said...

So pretty! I love the red/white/black combo!

julieQ said...

I love it! I am sure your swap partner will too.

Sara said...

I'm your partner, and I LOVE it! Just back from our bee's retreat, and what a thrill to find your package waiting at home.

Your wonky log cabin is great--and I love the liberated Flying Geese, each with its own angle of ascent.

I have been eyeing that large B&W floral and so LOVE have a place to see it every day. Your quilt is centered on our diningroom table so I can enjoy it with every meal.

AND a lovely B&W&red hand-made card came with it, That too is resting in a place of honor--so much fun with the ribbon and the cow!

Thank you, thank you Trish!

Anonymous said...

Wish I was your partner! Abolutely ADORE the B&W w/Red hints & stitching. LOVE the carefree triangles down the left, too.

Awesome work, lady!

Signed,
a first timer

Terrie Sandelin said...

The liberated quilting looks great! I love the dramatic use of red, black and white!

jacquie said...

you're such a natural...this is terrific!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails