Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More Great Mail and A New Knit

I received my DQS7 quilt in the mail! It's from Natalie and I love it! I love the bright fabric and the rings that make a circle around the quilt. It is perfect for a table topper and I can put a vase or candle in the middle. Natalie also included some cute fabric for me to play with. Thanks so much, Natalie, for this fun quilt!!



I've found that I am not much of a summer knitter. I thought I would crank out the socks this past summer but that didn't happen. When it's warm, knitting isn't appealing to me. Now that fall is just around the corner I am craving the feeling of wool sliding through my fingers and the sound of my needles clicking away. So I cast on a Central Park Hoodie! I am thoroughly enjoying the pattern so far. I love, love, love cables and have always wanted to knit a cabled sweater. And this has been a great knit while I watch my tv shows that have started for the fall.


Did you notice those pretty stitch markers? My eleven year old daughter made those for me. I thought maybe she would be a quilter or a knitter like her mom. She dabbled in them both but her love is beading. And I could not be more proud of her!

14 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

It is fun to see our girls strike out in their own creativity. I was drawn to the cute stitch holders. Sweet. The table topper is great. Love the fabric and colors. It is fun to join swaps.

Dena said...

She did a nice job on the table topper. Love the fabrics. That color combination seems to be very popular right now.

We Six Nasons said...

Your hoodie is going to be so beautiful. I love the yarn and color choice. I have been thinking about this pattern for a long time. Can't wait to see yours finished!

Libby said...

Oooh what a fun quilt! Lucky you.

Alexis said...

Great doll quilt! I also love that hoodie you are knitting- I have got to pick my needles back up, too! The stitch markers are too cute! Thanks for the info about your quilt labels- my email is on the fritz today, but I will ping you for that file as soon as its cooperating again!

Rebekah said...

What a cute quilt! Are those circles appliqued?

Have fun with your CPH...that was such a fun sweater to make. The cables make it really interesting

Jodie said...

YAY! You took the plunge on the central park Hoodie! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

jaybird said...

the rungs are great!.. what a nice gift to get in the mail!!

MichelleB said...

You got a great DSQ7 quilt. Love it!

Love the start of the hoodie, too! I'm still trying to finish up a couple of summer things before I start back up on the winter things. *sigh* I think I need to spend more time knitting.

julieQ said...

Love your swap quilt, a candle quilt for sure! Very pretty stitch markers and knitting.

em's scrapbag said...

The doll quilt is so fun. Your knitting beautiful.

peaknits said...

What a prety quilt - nice swap surprise for sure! Those beaded markers are wonderful - your daughter is following in your craft footsteps.

Mel said...

That quilt is darling!! Love the circles!

Alison said...

I love cables too! Your central park hoodie is off to a great start!

Related Posts with Thumbnails