Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My September Schnibbles

I am sure by now you have heard of A Year of Schnibbles being hosted by Sherri and Sinta. Every month a new Schnibbles pattern is revealed and we have to complete that quilt within the calendar month. The club started in September and I was counting the days until September 1st. I couldn't believe how excited I was to find out which Schnibbles pattern was going to be first. The first pattern ended up being Winter White. I picked out a charm pack from my stash and went shopping for coordinating fabrics. This is what I ended up with.



Not very wintry, is it?



The charm pack is called Celebrate Spring by Sandy Gervais. I used the charm pack for all the squares in the quilt and then I picked out the light and dark pinks for the flying geese, the cream for the background, the green border fabric, and the turquoise binding. I already had the yellow backing in my stash. I am so delighted with how it all came together!


I've decided to branch out in my quilting thanks to my new favorite blog. I love how she has a video for each design. It really helps to see how she does it.


Only two more days and we find out which pattern they've picked for October. Yay!


23 comments:

MelissaS said...

I love it! OMG, I love that website. I didn't even know it existed!

Sinta Renee said...

So sweet Trisha! It's adorable in the Sandy G fabrics... I can't wait for the parade!

jabeybaby said...

Very cute!

Alicia said...

I love it! Your fabrics are so cheery! And the quilting work is so beautiful!

AJ said...

Stunning!!! Love the quilting too.

em's scrapbag said...

Love your cheery quilt. And thanks for the link! What a great resource.

Sweettata said...

Beautiful! I love the quilting, very nicely done =)

Sweettata said...

I love your label - what type of fabric is used for it...did you make it yourself or did you have them made/ordered?

Tina said...

It turned out so cute!

Gina said...

Love the quilt and the fabrics you picked are just perfect

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Mel said...

Love your colors! Very fun!

Libby said...

This is so sweet! How big is it?

Sherri said...

Your quilt is wonderful! I'm excited for the parade too!

Lisa D. said...

It's beautiful! And great job with the quilting, too!

Rebekah said...

very cute!

Thanks for the link to that website...I've been in a quilting rut lately so I want to try out some new quilting patterns

Darleen said...

It turned out great Trisha! You did a beautiful job of finishing it.

Marianne said...

So sweet and Springy! Very nice

Candace said...

Trisha - it's adorable! I love your quilting - isn't that a great site? I just love all of Sandy Gervais fabric designs! Now I'm excited to see what you do for October!
Cheers!

call me crazy said...

Oh it is so cute! Love the spring colors!

peaknits said...

What a sweet little quilt - I love it! I say put off winter as long as possible! :) What a fun little group - I can't wait to see what you make in October either:) Thanks for the link to that site too - great inspiration!

Annette said...

Your quilt is sooo pretty! I love how it turned out.

Wendy said...

That's a really pretty quilt!!! Love the colours! And thanks for the link to the quilting site, too... that's so inspiring!

julieQ said...

I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails