Monday, September 14, 2009

Retreat Review

As you saw from some previous posts, I was gone for Labor Day weekend at a retreat. It is through my quilt guild, which I am so glad I joined a few years ago. The retreat was as wonderful and fun as it always is. I enjoy the time away to work on quilt projects without interruption. And we have a blast laughing and enjoying the time together. I would like to share some of the projects that I got to see in progress. I love getting to see what other quilters are doing and I hope you do too!

This is Jeannine and Elizabeth, a mother and daughter. Elizabeth replaced me as the baby of the group. These two are so prolific it is amazing!



By the way, Jeannine broke her arm tripping over her cat but as you can see it didn't slow her down a bit!



Elizabeth has a great sense of color. It is fun to see what she puts together.



P.S. They did have some of these quilts part way done, so don't feel too bad! This is what I keep telling myself!
This is Darlene, who I sat next to. She's lots of fun! Here are a couple Yellow Brick Road quilts she made for baby gifts.



Here is another cool one Darlene made.



Barb is famous for her purse/wallets and makes one or two every retreat.



This scrappy snowflake quilt is amazing!



Barb started this quilt last retreat. She was guild president and as a gift we each made her a kitty block. I love the setting she chose for them.



This is Amber and I love her style. She's another one with a great sense of color.



Judy made this cute alphabet quilt.



I love how Judy arranged these 9 patch blocks!



This was Carol's first retreat and I think she had a great time
.



Mary made a whole wardrobe of the cutest doll clothes for her granddaughters. I wish I would have gotten a picture of them. Here is her reversible table runner.



Shirley whipped out a couple of these Fraction quilts.


Nan made these two gorgeous Boston Common quilts out of one kit.  I love seeing them together.


DSC06363


I hope you enjoyed the show and maybe saw something that inspired you!

11 comments:

Dena said...

I enjoyed looking at everyone's projects and especially love Amber's and Carol's quilts. Great use of colors.

Tina said...

It's always fun to see what kinds of projects everyone is working on. I really like the nine patches setting!

jabeybaby said...

Awesome quilts! Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing!

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for sharing...........lots of beautiful sewing here........

jaybird said...

so many beautiful things made!! it must be such an inspiration to be around so many active quilters at once!

We Six Nasons said...

Thanks for sharing all of those wonderful quilts. Retreats are a great way to get things finished and get a chance to show off a bit! What fun.

em's scrapbag said...

Thanks for sharing all the beautiful quilts. Looks like a fun and productive time was had by all.

Rebekah said...

Wow, it looks like you've got a fun and productive group of quilters. Looks like you all had a great and productive time.

Gina said...

Fabulous show and tell
Love and hugs Gina xxx

Candace said...

Great show, Trisha! I'm definitely inspired here! Looks like you gals had a great time!
Cheers!

Sheila said...

Great quilts! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails