Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Debbie Macomber



Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to read. It is rare for me not to be in the middle of a book and I go through them rather quickly. Now, that doesn't mean that I am a fast reader, just that I spend a good amount of time reading. One of my favorite authors is Debbie Macomber. The first book I read of hers was The Shop On Blossom Street about a woman who opens a yarn shop. I was drawn to it because of the knitting aspect but continued to read the series because of the characters and the relationships that Debbie creates in her books. When I finished that series I went online to see if she wrote anything else. I found out that she has been writing for a long time and has written SO many books. I love her series books the best. The Cedar Cover series is based on her home town of Port Orchard, Washington which isn't far from where I live. I also like the Promise, Texas series and Dakota series. She also writes Christmas books too, which are fun to read during the holiday season. My wonderful mom reads her too and buys her books and sends them to me after she reads them. I have bought a few too but usually I don't even know there is another one until I get one in the mail.


So when I found out that Debbie was going to be at a local yarn shop to visit and sign books I was so excited. I didn't think I was going to get to go because she was visiting right when my kids get out of school and then we have soccer practice. But my husband, aka my knight in shining armor, worked from home so I was able to go see her!!



She was so nice and so funny and such a joy to meet. You guys would have been so proud of me, I didn't act like an idiot or forget how to speak or anything. I think it helped that I sat and listened to her speak for a bit so I got used to being in the same room with her.




She signed my copy of Summer on Blossom Street, the latest book in the Blossom Street series. I forgot to mention that she is a knitter too and has pattern books that go with that series. I have the yarn all picked out to make
Alix's prayer shawl.



Debbie is so generous. She brought a gift for everyone of her latest newsletter, a bookmark, and recipe cards with some delicious looking recipes. I can't wait to try them!

8 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

I've read one of her books and I really enjoyed it. How fun to meet her.

Debbie said...

I love her books you were so Lucky to meet her!

ChristyH said...

How fun!! I love seeing people like that in real life. Maybe I should try one of her books.

We Six Nasons said...

It is so nice that you were able to go to the book signing. Your husband is truly a knight in shining armor. I have never read any of Debbie's books, but I think I will give her a try.

Tina said...

How exciting Trish, and I am so proud of you for controlling yourself...this time :). Yay for your knight coming to your rescue.

Rebekah said...

how fun that you were able to meet one of your favorite authors! And even better that you were able to carry on a conversation (I am the same way with people I am nervous to meet)

Lou said...

I've requested one of her books from the library - about her angels, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy. And her book 'Twenty Wishes' is almost life changing. I've recommended that to several people.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I have read one of her Christmas books. I'll have to retry Debbie. Isn't it wonderful to meet someone and find out they are a good person.

Related Posts with Thumbnails