Friday, October 23, 2009

Lists

Do you, as I do, feel that making lists helps you clear your head and make your seemingly unachievable amount of tasks seem manageable? I have been in a frenzy of list making lately as not to feel overwhelmed. Before I put pen to paper I can get a little stressed out but once I write down what I need to accomplish I will often look at my so called unachievable list and I will think, is that all? Funny how that is...


So Christmas is (a very short) two months away and since I have decided this will be a "hand made Christmas" as much as possible, I have much to do. I am currently matching up project ideas with recipients. Lists again. Do you ever worry that all the love and time you put into a hand made gift won't be appreciated? I do. Maybe I should buy some of
these gift tags to go with the gifts.


So...I am loving the mystery sock I am working on. This weeks clue was the foot of the sock. It is turning out very beautiful and I am very happy with the yarn I chose. Maybe these will be a Christmas gift...we'll see.



Here is a sneak peek my October Schnibble. I have a few borders to add before I layer, quilt, and bind it.



I am dragging my feet a little getting it done. The knitting has taken over!

15 comments:

Hirano Hapa-nings said...

I LOVE those tags!

I love homemade gifts. They ROCK.

Tina said...

I think it's time I make a list!

Sherri said...

Oh, I'm a list person...really need to get going on my handmade Christmas, too! Love the sneak peek of your Schnibble. I just finished the one for November the other day...and it might be one of my favorites ever!

Gina said...

I'm a list person aswell. There's something satisfying about crossing an item off a list.

Love the socks and the quilt looks great

Love and hugs Gina xxx

em's scrapbag said...

The socks are turning out great. I loved the sneak peak. And yes I am a list person. I have them in my sewing room, on the fridge, at my desk. You get the picture.

MichelleB said...

Love your socks! They look so great - and you have two of them!!! I have to say, I started on this weeks clue, and am having a tough time with picking up stitches. The one side is all messed up. I might be ripping it all out. Darn it.

julieQ said...

I too make a list, it seems to empty out my brain so I can think of what to do next!!

Lou said...

ok - got the pattern for the socks...and I LOVE the tags. I don't know how you find all this cool stuff. But thanks...

Jodie said...

You should definitely buy the tags. Jill is supercool and her tags are teh awesome. :)

Sock is looking great--How's your central park hoodie coming?

Mel said...

I love lists too!

I still need to start my Schnibbles - I have a few days!

sewtakeahike said...

I'm so envious of knitters! I want to be a knitter, but when I have to do a stitch I don't know, I end up putting the project down and not finishing it. Then it's like this big hurdle to pick it back up and go again. I love your socks, that's such a pretty pattern!

Wendy said...

Those socks look lovely! I love the colour :)

Lisa said...

i LOVE your schnibble! Can't wait to see the whole thing! The colors are great :O)

Lisa said...

PS...i'm all about lists!!!

Rebekah said...

that sock pattern is so pretty. Is it the through the loops pattern?

I am a total list maker too. I would love to turn some of craft stash into Christmas gifts, but am feeling overwhelmed right now with other things, so I'm not sure if that's going to happen...we'll see

Related Posts with Thumbnails