Friday, October 30, 2009

October Schnibble

Here is my finished quilt for A Year of Schnibbles! When I first saw the pattern for October I just knew I had to make it red, white, and blue. I love this color combination and I am often drawn to quilts made in almost any variation of those colors.



I did a very simple straight line diamond pattern for the quilting. I wanted to enhance that diamond shape that the red stars all make together.


I was delighted to find that I already had a label printed that matched my quilt.


This quilt was a true stash buster. It is made 100% from scraps in my stash and the backing was a piece of fabric I had left over from this quilt. I wondered as I was making it if that cream with colored stars background fabric I used would end up being too busy with all the other prints but I think it turned out great in the end.


I had to get a funny picture of the quilt with the fall leaves since the quilt is more suited for the 4th of July. (notice that leaf that fell just in time for the picture!) Looks like I am way ahead of schedule for next summer!

17 comments:

jabeybaby said...

Oh I love it, and those are great pictures you took of it!

Sherri said...

It's perfect! I love the background fabric...love the quilt...and yes, you're ready for the 4th of July now!

Caryn said...

I love your color choices. Its so cool to see the same quilt on lots of different blogs and how different it looks depending on color choices. How do you do your labels? They are very nice too!

Candace said...

How cute this is, Trisha! I'm amazed at how different the same quilt looks in different fabrics! Can't wait to see the next one!
Cheers!

jodi @ Pleasant Home said...

You have my address right? ;o) Awesome!

Gina said...

It's wonderful. I love the colour scheme and the quilting really suits it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Lisa said...

That turned out awesome in those colors and i just love how you quilted it! I may just have to make me one in those colors! Great job!!!

Marianne said...

There is just something about red, white, and blue quilts that tugs at your heart! You did a wonderful job!

julieQ said...

I love it! Just right for your background, the whole quilt is just great.

Carrie said...

I love it! Cindy Lou Doodle Dandy! And I love that you made this entirely from your stash ~ good job with that!

I also have to tell you that I love the little "don't know what to call them" that are in your blog header. That's amazing.

sewtakeahike said...

I love that it's made from scraps!! The quilting is perfect for it and the label too. It was meant to be!!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Super cute. Love the fabric. You always do such a nice job.

em's scrapbag said...

Very nice. Love the red white and blue and that you used your stash to create it.

Rebekah said...

Very cute! I like the star fabric that you used in the background.

Ariane said...

I love your Cindy Lou Who quilt. These are my favorite colors. Love it!!!!

an encourager said...

I salute you and the red, white, & blue! Beautiful! (All my Schnibbles are 100% stash-made, too.)

bingo~bonnie said...

I was googeling "mini quilts" and some how it lead me to a post on your blog from 2006... I looked and before leaving deleted all the extra stuff in the web addy line and pulled up your current page - and WOW your Red/white/blue quilt is beautiful!!!! I've been seeing this same pattered all over blog land lately and I have to tell you yours is one of the BEST I've seen!!!

was this a group project? must have been since there are several of you that have posted them recently. Lovely pattern ;)

So glad I found you = I'm adding you to my Google Reader ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Related Posts with Thumbnails