Wednesday, October 14, 2009

schnibbles win & a mystery sock

Are you enjoying the Quilt Festival? I am! It is going to take me a while to get through the whole list but it has been worth it so far. Some of the stories about the quilts are so touching. I updated my quilt festival post to include a link to my sister's quilt festival post. She picked a quilt we made together and talked about our sister quilts. She even has pictures of us together. You should check out how short my hair used to be!!


I am having so much fun participating in A Year of Schnibbles. The patterns are fun and I am loving having (and will continue to have) a cute finished quilt every month. I was so surprised to have won one of the giveaways the first month! And from the quilter who designs the Schnibbles patterns no less! The very talented Carrie sent me this incredible gift.




Thank you, Carrie!! And for this month's Schnibble we are making Cindy Lou Who. When I saw this it just sang, make me in one of your favorite color combos, patriotic!! So red, white, and blue it will be.



I am very excited to be participating in Through the Loops mystery sock pattern for Soctoberfest. Every Thursday she puts up a new clue. I am not likely to have the leg of the socks by tomorrow so I am a touch behind but I am sure I can catch up.



I am using some precious Koigu sockyarn for these socks. After discovering how pretty the cuffs were, I can't wait to see what the leg will look like.

13 comments:

Courtepointe said...

Congratulations! I too am working on Schnibbles, but am trying to be realistic and get one made every two months. Working full time is not my favourite, especially as a teacher with homework every night.
I am very curious about the origami - looking flowers in your banner. Where did you learn to do that? Are there instructions online?
Thanks,
Courtepointe

MichelleB said...

Love your Socktober Mystery socks! I've only got one done up to week 2. I really wanted to start on a second sock - but wasn't sure how to accomplish that with only one ball of yarn. I'm really loving the pattern though. Your yarn is incredible!

Dena said...

Congratulations on your win! I love those fabrics.

Mel said...

VERY fun post Trisha!!

Rebekah said...

congrats on winning the giveaway!

Love how your socks are coming along. She always designs the coolest patterns

Rhonda said...

Congrats on your winnings! Will check out the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

peaknits said...

I love the beginnings of your mystery sock - isn't is fun!!

em's scrapbag said...

Congrats on your winnings. How fun is that? Your schnibbles quilt will look great in patriotic colors. I lovin' your socks.

Sinta Renee said...

Patriotic will be great for the Cindy Lou Who pattern! Congratulations again on the and the nice give from Carrie!!

Lisa said...

How is your October Schnibble coming? I can not wait to see it in red white and blue!!!

a friend to knit with said...

oh, yes! i love your yarn.

congrats on your win!

Candace said...

I can't wait to see your next Schnibbles quilt, Trisha - and you'll have something new to display for July 4th!
Cheers!

Debbie said...

I love the socks....they look so hard to make. and you are doing a beautiful job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails