Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hooray for hand knit socks!

I finished my mystery socks! The pattern is by Kirsten Kapur from Through the Loops. You can find the complete pattern here.



I can't get over how gorgeous this pattern is. I love how the pattern shifts from the side of the leg to the top of the foot. And what a gorgeous cuff!


I thought about giving these as a gift for Christmas but it is Koigu which is not a machine washable yarn and I am not sure a non-knitter cares to hand wash their socks. So I started a pair of socks about halfway through this pair that will definitely be a Christmas gift.


I am excited about November's Shnibbles pattern for A Year of Schnibbles. It is called Picnic and it is filled with cute basket blocks. So far these patterns have been talking to me (very strange) and this month's told me that it had to be made in 1930's repro fabrics. I am going to the stash again this month.


So I joined Jacquie's finish those UFOs challenge. A little reluctantly because I hope I am not setting myself up for failure. I have so many UFOs it is ridiculous and there is no way I could finish them all. So I picked 13 (a very lucky number in my family) UFOs. Some are knitting some are quilting. Some have to be done for Christmas so that will help. I am excited about the challenge it is just that the timing may be tricky with the holidays. We will see!


I will not bore you with a list but when I finish each one (wasn't that a positive statement), I will reveal that it was on my list.

15 comments:

Gina said...

Love the socks

Love and hugs Gina xxx

jovaliquilts said...

Beautiful socks! I own one pair of handknit socks that my daughter made me, and they are soooooo comfortable. I may have to learn to make them myself.
Good luck with the UFO challenge!

We Six Nasons said...

Great job on the socks! Love them so much.

randi said...

Those socks are so cute! I tried knitting once but gave up promptly and decided to stick to sewing. :)

peaknits said...

Aren't those socks perfect! I love the pattern so much! I have also joined Jackie's group - here's hoping I can accomplish something:)

MichelleB said...

Your socks look great! I stopped working on mine - I had to rip out for a second time, and got a little disheartened. After seeing yours, though, I might start up again!

Rebekah said...

Love those socks! That's such a great pattern and I love the yarn you used with it.

Good luck finishing all of your UFOs

iSew said...

Love the Socks! I'm taking a sock knitting class that starts tonight. It's something I've always wanted to do. Yours are definitely an inspiration.

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

holy cow those socks are awesome! you must have extreme levels of patience!!

amandajean said...

love your socks!

good luck with your UFO's. 13 is a LOT!!! i know, i'm in the same boat. :)

a friend to knit with said...

your mystery socks look fantastic!
love the yarn....
i really like the heritage.... and you are right... the colors are great. solids are nice, too.

julieQ said...

I just love your socks...sock envy here, actually knitting envy. I just can't seem to get the hand of it, so I am so proud of anyone who can! I think if we just make progress on the UFO front, it is good. At least that is what I keep telling myself!

Lou said...

ok - started the socks - was going gang-busters till I got to the part where "move 1 stitch from needle 4 to needle 1". So now I've tranfered to 4 dpns so that I can follow the pattern and we'll see how it goes from there...bought some heathery teal yarn at the Yarn Stash to make them with...hope the cables show up.

That Girl said...

I love the socks! They make me want to knit...

Jennifer :)

sewtakeahike said...

Love those socks!!! I have a dear friend who knit some socks for me and I assumed I could machine wash them. Now I can't get them on. She keeps telling me to make them into a toy for my cat since he attacks my feet when I wear them. I can't bring myself to do it though! It's not everyday someone knits a pair of socks for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails