Friday, December 18, 2009

Another Finish

Yea! I finished a very long time UFO! (that makes #3)


This is an Alex Anderson pattern that I got years ago from a quilt calendar that I bought. I really liked this quilt and decided to make it. I didn't stray much from the original colors because I liked them so much and they matched my living room.


Like I had said in a previous post, I had the top done but could never find a suitable fabric for the borders. Then I came across this pretty border fabric from the Simple Abundance line and bought it with this quilt in mind. I brought it home and it matched perfectly! I was so delighted.


I made the last stitch on the binding and then took it outside for a photo shoot. Around here you gotta snap fast before it starts raining again. I brought it inside and laid it on the couch and next thing I know my daughter was snuggling under it. I am glad it's loved already.


8 comments:

amandajean said...

it's really beautiful! that border works well on the quilt. congrats on another finish!

Tina said...

congratulations. you're flying through those ufos!

beth said...

That border is perfect! and you did it without any of the fabric with you?? amazing!

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh that turned out great! Love it! It's nice too when you get something done that's been sitting a while...it seems like less work that way!

peaknits said...

My "WIP" are so jealous of yours, they just sit there, sad - wondering if I'll ever finish them...:) This quilt is fabulous - reminds me a little of a Thimbleberries I put aside a little too long ago - I really need to dig deeper into my WIP pile!

We Six Nasons said...

Way to go! 3 done and 10 more to go. I know you can do it. Merry Christmas!

Darleen said...

Good job Trisha.

em's scrapbag said...

Very nice. It's in my favorite colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails