Friday, December 18, 2009

Joy in the New Year...

...stress in this one. It really is my own fault for signing up to finish 13 UFOs by the end of the year. Yep, you heard me right, 13. Yes, I know there are only 13 days left in 2009. I'm an over achiever. I figured if I picked a big number I would accomplish more than if I picked a reasonable number, even if I didn't reach my goal. But I am SO determined to reach my goal. I wish I could count all the secret Christmas projects I have been doing but I started them after the challenge started. Bummer! And I have been so busy with secret Christmas projects that I haven't been able to spend much time on my UFOs. But I am pretty much done with that now. Yea!

I can now devote more time to Jacquie's Joy in the New Year challenge. I give you UFO #2. (yep, I am only on #2) I finished this table runner last year but never put a binding on it. I couldn't find a fabric I liked. But I found the perfect fabric at JoAnns and the rest is history.


Because my daughter doesn't read my blog, I can show you the knee high socks I knit for her. They are wrapped and under the tree and I can't wait to see her face when she unwraps them. Here's hoping they fit!


I feel SO lucky to have won one of the Schnibbles prizes for November. I won the $50 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop! I ordered right away because I couldn't wait to snatch up some Simple Abundance for myself. Thanks so much Sherri, Sinta, and the Fat Quarter Shop!! By the way, I did find a great red fabric for the binding of my November Schnibbles quilt but it is going to have to wait for this UFO craziness to be over since it does not qualify.


I have been a little quiet on here lately because I can't show you anything I have worked on because of secret Christmas stuff. But I am going to have to be on here a lot more over the next two weeks if I am going to make my goal. Wish me luck!!


7 comments:

ChristyH said...

I love the Christmas table runner. I gave all of my quilted table runners to my mom....what was I thinking! Perhaps I wasn't. :0P

Gina said...

Love the table runner

Love and hugs Gina xxx

amandajean said...

I love the knee high socks!!! I knew what the bump was for right away. I bet she will be so very excited!

I was thinking Joy in the new year could also be dubbed as burn out in the new year. Good luck with your remaining finishes. I know I won't burn through all of mine. But I hope you can!!

We Six Nasons said...

Oh, I wish I had added Simple Abundance to my Christmas list! That is so fun to win something. All of the things you have shared are so beautiful, I can't wait to see everything posted after Christmas.

Tina said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see the secret Christmas sewing that is wrapped under my tree! Your secret Christmas sewing will be late...darn.

peaknits said...

Wow - you are making great progress! That runner is fabulous! And those socks, omg - perfect and fun!

Rebekah said...

you are making much better progress than I am...I don't think I've finished anything yet...although I have casted on and finished a couple of new projects.

your runner is beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails