Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Let it Snow

Here is UFO #4! I appliqued the snowflake and then layered, quilted, and bound this baby. I am hand binding all of these quilts. Being pressed for time I am a little tempted to do a machine binding but I like the look of a hand sewn binding so much better. So I am taking the time to hand bind these quilts.




I had hoped that after finishing this one that it would magically start snowing and that I could lay it on the freshly fallen snow for pictures. Alas, this was not to be and I had to settle for the kitchen table. I was hoping for a white Christmas like last year but it looks like it will probably just be a wet Christmas.

Because I am on this crazy UFO kick, some things have fallen by the wayside this Christmas. We did not send out a Christmas card/newsletter this year. And I was really hoping to make cookie plates to hand out to neighbors and friends but it came down to a matter of time. And all I have time for right now is UFOs and my normal duties as a wife and mother. The cookie I will miss the most this year is the sugar cookies that we make every year and sit down and decorate together as a family. It is a recipe I grew up with and for me, they taste like Christmas.

See you tomorrow when I show you my completed UFOs #5, #6, #7, and #8. Awe, yeah!!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Awe yeah! Way to not give into the machine binding! Wish we could share our sugar cookies with you...maybe another sister a little closer? We missed your christmas card/newsletter this year, but I guess we'll live.

Hirano Family said...

I have some Christmas cookies you can eat here on Christmas eve!

You are so talented. The UFO is gorgeous!

Suzanne said...

Congrats on finishing another ufo. I am also doing Jacqui's challenge. I'm getting a lot done but unfortunately, the rest of my house is not in as good as shape as usual. At least no one has said, "Cereal for dinner? Again?"

jabeybaby said...

It is so cute! Love the snowflake! I agree that hand binding looks best!

Gina said...

It's beautiful. Like you I prefer hand sewn binding

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails