Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lucky 13

Here is my grand finale. I can't believe I met my goal to finish 13 unfinished projects before the end of the year. It's amazing what a little determination can bring. I have had this quilt top laying around for a while now. I made it at one of my quilting retreats. I used a Roman Holiday jelly roll to make the inside and some yardage from the same line for the borders.


I quilted this quilt in concentric squares. I love how turned out.


Here's the back. You can see the quilting better.


I sat and hand stitched the binding while we watched Star Wars this afternoon. We decided to start our New Years party early.


It has been a nice relaxing day. As you can see we haven't taken the Christmas decorations down yet. We will probably do that Saturday. I think this is the longest we have ever left everything up. I just haven't wanted to take them down this year.


A big thanks again to Jacquie from Tallgrass Prairie Studios for this UFO (UnFinishedObjects) challenge. I can't believe how much I was able to get done in the last month. It has been a good lesson for me to see how easy it is to finish my unfinished projects. They are usually almost done and don't take much more effort to have them complete. And finishing a project feels so good! Now I better get back to the fam. We are watching the next Star Wars movie. This could turn into a marathon!



P.S. Look who stopped by last night to try on his new sweater!

18 comments:

Tina said...

Yahoooooooooooooooooo! and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Gina said...

He is so cute.

Well done on finishing all those UFO's. I love the quilting on that quilt.

Happy New Year to you and your family

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Fili tra le dita said...

Happy New Year to you and your family from the Italy....

*karendianne. said...

Happy New Year, Trisha. This quilt - I love it. Great pattern and WOW that quilting is fantastic. I love how it turned out, too. I have to admit, I love a Star Wars marathon. Could do it all day... until a cute little punkin' shows up in a new sweater. Then I might get distracted...

Kim W said...

What a great idea to do an UFO challenge. This quilt is really pretty. Love the reds and greens.

No matter how cute that quilt is, wow, that kidlet is top prize winner in his sweater!!! :) Happy New Year!

Johnna said...

What a cool quilt. Love those squares. And I think I love the square quilting stitches on the back even more, is that strange?

Your Star Wars marathon sounds fun. We're going to watch 2001 today. Or rather, run it in the background, since there's a lot of artistic nothing-happening, no-dialogue in that movie. Then we'll watch 2010, because apparently I still have a crush on Roy Scheider.

I think today is the day to wear my new socks! We left the day after Christmas on a trip (got back yesterday) and I didn't take the sock with me because I was afraid I might lose them. Those socks are amazing, no way I'm going to put them at risk! Now I'm also thinking it would be kinda cool if my beautiful socks were one of the 13 Lucky projects.

You so rock, you continually amaze me. Could I say you intimidate me to, except that you're so nice, somehow you intimidate me kindly.

I love you! Happy New Year!

Pat said...

Congratulations on you UFO completions!
Beautiful quilt!

em's scrapbag said...

Happy New Year to you! Your quilt is wonderful. The quilting looks great! Congrats on all the finshes!

Alexis said...

Great quilt! Congrats on finishing your UFOs. Your little sweater model is tooooo cute too! Happy New Year!

Sherri said...

Love your quilt and the fabrics...still have a few pieces of Roman Holiday...but wish I had bought more! Have a great 2010!

iSew said...

Oh my gosh! I'm the worst at unfinished projects. I've been trying so hard to complete things lately though.

I love the quilt!!! I used the border fabric in my wedding, so I'm quite a fan, haha. Lovely

Rose Marie said...

What fun I had going back to see all your UFO's that you finished ..... bravo!

Pots and Pins said...

Hey! You're a Seattle girl, too! Just wanted to thank you for your darling cottage house block that I received over a year ago - it now has a home in a new Christmas quilt! Happy New Year!

Suzanne said...

Congrats on all your finishes!

Rebekah said...

Congratulations and Happy New Year! You accomplished so many finishes last month! This quilt is gorgeous and I love the floral fabric that you used. Wonderful job!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Really really cute. I love how you used the border and main fabric as the same. It is really great.

Love 2 Quilt said...

The little guy is so cute in his new sweater. I really love your #13 quilt, beautiful fabrics. Does the pattern have a name?

conner posse said...

That's my boy!! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails