Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Meet the Snowman Family!

My husband played by Dad Snowman...



Me played by Mom Snowman...


My daughter played by Sister Snowman...


My son played by Brother Snowman...



Together they make the Snowman Family...


I started these snowmen over a year ago. My friend had made countless snowman families for all her family and her husband's family. I thought they were so cute so we got together and while she worked on some new family members, I worked on my little family. I pulled them out about three weeks ago and all they were, were cut out pieces of flannel and felt. My friend came over to my house a few times over the past few weeks and we both tried to finish these long time UFOs (she worked on the ones for her family and I worked on these). I ended up doing a lot after she went home too. These little cuties were very time consuming and dangerous (hot glue gun) to make. Lots and lots of hand stitching and detail. By the way, remind me next time when using glitter glue to go slower and that it doesn't dry in a minute. What a mess! All that time and pain is why I am counting these as #5, #6, #7, and #8 for the Joy in the New Year challenge.

I wrapped them up separately and put them under our tree for my husband and kids to open on Christmas. Yep, I had to do all that work in secret. Not easy!

*Yes, my husband has strict instructions not to read my blog.
Related Posts with Thumbnails