Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Stockings Were Hung By The Chimney With Care

Just finished these argyle socks for myself. I took a knitting class at my LYS (quite a while ago) to learn how to do intarsia and the project was these socks. They are knit in a DK weight yarn. Knit Picks Swish (I think).



The leg is knit flat and then joined in the round right before the heel. I knit a short row heel. I haven't knit another since. Needless to say I didn't enjoy it.


The gray lines that go through the diamonds are done after as a duplicate stitch. Then you seam up the back of the leg to close it off. There were lots of ends to weave in on these socks, but I did them as I knit so I wouldn't be overwhelmed in the end.



I think they turned out pretty cute! And just in time to count them as UFO #9. Four more UFO's by the end of the year and I will have met my goal. Yay!




I asked my daughter to be my model, but now she won't take them off. Little does she know that there is a pair of hand knit knee high socks under the tree for her. I love having someone with small feet that loves my hand knit socks!

7 comments:

Lou said...

I have little feet - remember that! Merry Christmas to you and yours! Love, Lou

Tina said...

Super cute. You are cruising!

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

WOW! Those are great! I'm so impressed, I cannot believe you made those!

peaknits said...

These are fabulous! Amen to the nasty short row, no fun, but the socks are clearly worth it in this case - nice job!

jacquie said...

LOVE the argyle! you are gooooood!

Thearica said...

I want to learn to knit! Love your socks!

Rebekah said...

these socks are gorgeous! I think I want to learn some type of argyle knitting this year...gotta add a few new knitting tricks to my repertoire, right? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails