Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Wee Sweater (#12)

My baby nephew lives less than 10 minutes from my house and I am totally in love with him. He is so cute! I can't get enough of him. Don't tell my sister but I like to pretend that he's mine. Remember, I was there when he was born. I made him a Baby Yoda Sweater when he was still in his mommy's tummy. My sister does not realize how much it means to me that she has put him in that sweater so many times since he was born. She had him in it at his blessing and I was so touched. She still puts him in it, good thing knitting is stretchy! I have been working on a new sweater for him for a while now. I thought he needed a more grown up baby style. I used the same yarn because I think it is a pretty blue and I had a lot left over from his other sweater.


I love cables and wanted to knit him a cabled sweater.



I can't wait to see it on him!



Pattern: Kai Cable Sweater
Yarn: Bernat Cotton Tots
Needles: size 7
Size: up to 12 months

5 comments:

Hirano Family said...

He's going to be so cute in this sweater! It's so handsome.

Tina said...

Fun to be able to knit a sweater for him and to get to see him wearing it. This one turned out so nice!

Jerri said...

This is SO cute.....I love to knit, but have not yet tackled a sweater. I love doing lap blankets....they keep my lap warm as I am knitting them.

Jerri

conner posse said...

And it means so much having an Aunt just minutes away that loves him that much!! You love that he's been wearing the sweater but I love that you are so crazy about my child!! The new sweater is so stinkin' adorable. Post pics of him wearing it!! :o)

Rebekah said...

what a sweet sweet sweater! The yarn color is beautiful and your nephew is very lucky to have you for an aunt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails