Friday, January 8, 2010

Baskets and Strings...

...these are a few of my favorite things. Be glad you can't hear me singing right now. Scary! I finally got a binding on my November Schnibbles quilt and the red that I chose is perfect. I love how it ties everything together. The red fabrics in the center don't look so out of place now.


So nice to have another finish.




Julie from JulieKQuilts had a series of giveaways and the last one was for a box of strings to make a quilt in the next year for the HeartStrings project. I think everyone that commented on that post won (I think there were six of us). She had enough strings for everyone.



I got the strings in the mail yesterday. I really wanted to do some charity quilting this year and this is the perfect chance. I have never made a string block before but they look easy enough and I hope to have some fun with this. It was funny...I opened the box and pulled them out and said to myself, "I have a bunch of these!". So I will be adding a bunch of my own strings to the quilt. Thanks, Julie for giving me this opportunity to make a quilt for HeartStrings project. And thanks for the gift of the fat quarters. That was very sweet.

11 comments:

Sherri said...

Love the red binding on the picnic quilt...it's perfect!Have you heard about the string challenge over at www.loftcreations.blogspot.com?

Alexis said...

Oh those baskets look great! The red binding is perfect! I need to make some string quilts too- Heartstrings is a great idea for donating them!

Gina said...

Love the quilt. the red binding is fabulous.
Have fun with the strings. Just yell if you need some more

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Rebekah said...

the red binding looks perfect! It totally ties in the red in the quilt.

Can't wait to see what you make with the strings. Why are they called strings? Aren't they just skinny pieces of fabric scraps?

Vicki W said...

What a sweet quilt and I love the red binding!

Pokey said...

The little quilt is so very sweet, I love the soft print baskets and the red binding.

Pokey said...

So, after I comment, I read the other comments. Too funny! I guess that's a SCREAMING approval of your choice of red for the binding, LOL!!

Busy As Can Be said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That quilt is darling.I love, love, love it. I don't know what a string challenge is so I will have to check out that blog. Happy Quilting, Debbie

em's scrapbag said...

Yes that binding is perfect! The quilt is wonderful. I am playing with strings myself. I'm loving how the blocks come together quickly. It is very relaxing sewing.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh my gosh. I love the quilt! Love it.

Quilter Kathy said...

The red is a perfect binding!
I got a box of strings from Julie too...must post about it tomorrow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails