Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DQS#8

I joined the Doll Quilt Swap again this round. I've done it every round since DQS#4. This is such a fun swap. The Flickr group is so active that I can barely keep up! Here is the quilt I made for my secret partner. My partner has no idea that this quilt is going to be hers.


I had made a braid first thinking it would be on the front but I ended up using it for the back and coming up with a new idea for the front.


I love the Doll Quilt Swap because I get to try techniques or designs that I have always wanted to but on a smaller scale. I love the look of the zig zags so much that I am tempted to make a bigger quilt for me. I used a Hello Betty honey bun and some white muslin for this quilt.



I am really excited about the binding. My guild had a 'make it and take it' night last year where they demonstrated this faux piped binding. I love the 3-D effect.



And of course I had to add one of my labels to the back.



The deadline for sending this little quilt is the end of the month. I think I will enjoy it for a few more days before I say goodbye.

14 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Your partner will surely love this.
Can I ask how you make your labels?

julieQ said...

Your quilt is wonderful!!

Alexis said...

It's really cute Trisha! That piped binding is a great touch!

MichelleB said...

It's a darling quilt! I really need to get mine finished - aahhh, time is running out.

jabeybaby said...

This is an awesome little quilt, I'm sure your partner will love it! I really like the piped binding also!

Lou said...

Binding looks great. Gonna have to try it on one of mine...now - how's the Olympic Socks coming????

em's scrapbag said...

Very cute doll quilt! Love the zig zag!

Anne Ida said...

Whay not call this a reversible doll quilt? The back and the front are both sooo pretty! Your partner will be thrilled!

We Six Nasons said...

Beautiful job! I love it, wish it was mine!

iSew said...

Oh wow, I love it ~ both sides. I have some of that fabric too, but I haven't used it. I'm feeling a little inspired now.

LJ said...

It's so beautiful!! I love that it's reversable!

LauraJ

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Absolutely darling. I love zig zag in quilts.

Rebekah said...

absolutely adorable! I love the colors and fabrics that you used and those designs are so pretty.

Little Wife Power House... said...

What a great quilt! I love these & especially the fabric you used in this quilt: http://tlcstitches.blogspot.com/2010/07/faux-piped-binding-tutorial.html

Mind if I ask where you get your fabric?! Great quilts again!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails