Sunday, March 14, 2010

Doll Quilt Celebration

I have been stalking the mail carrier for the last week anxiously awaiting a package. I was so excited to find it in my mailbox yesterday. I love the anticipation of getting a little quilt made just for me from the Doll Quilt Swap. I love the thought of someone secretly reading my blog and coming up with something I would love. And Lisa sure did come up with something I love!


It is so cute, so cheerful, so fresh, so beautiful! I love the black with polka dots cake stand. I love the simplicity of the design with the echo quilting. Love that striped binding. Love the cake topper with the cascading flowers. What a great use of fabrics! And I think Lisa even hand stitched little beads along the ribbon that trims the cake. Wow!


Yep, I have a lot of love for this little quilt. But I think best of all I got a cake that I get to enjoy and it isn't going to make me gain any weight. Lisa calls it the Celebration Quilt and I can use it for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I think I am going to start celebrating my love of quilting by hanging this up near my sewing area. As soon as I get it back from my daughter who hung it in her room. I admit it looks great on her green wall but she will have to enjoy it downstairs on my yellow wall. Thanks so much, Lisa! I am one happy swapper!

9 comments:

Lisa W. said...

I am so glad you liked it! :0)

Hirano Family said...

That is SO amazing! Love it.

Mel said...

sooooooooooooooo cute!! What a fun birthday gift idea!

Jackie said...

It is so cute! I love all the things that you do. The stand fabric is adorable and the quilting is just perfect. And no weight gain! Whoot!

julieQ said...

Love it! So pretty and bright, sure to make your day...can't eat this one, but wouldn't it be fun to have out on each birthday celebration?

Sinta Renee said...

That is so cute! It's really adorable...lucky you!

Cathi said...

That is adorable! what a great celebration quilt!

Rebekah said...

This is so adorable! What a cute quilt...the cakestand idea is perfect and I love the quilting around it

Corrie said...

You scored! That is a work of cuteness. Wow, that will be so fun on your holidays.

Related Posts with Thumbnails