Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympic Sock

No, I didn't make a mistake with the title of this post. Sock. As in singular. Actually not even a whole sock. Yep, this is how far I got in sixteen days. Fair isle is slow going but not that slow. I also worked on my Schnibble quilt, started another pair of socks for a Sock Club I joined (more about that another time), and was busy with life. I have no regrets about choosing this for my Olympic project. I have wanted to try fair isle for so long that this was a great way to just do it. I am so happy that I got through the dreaded short row heel and that it turned out looking like it is supposed to. Yay!


And for my first time trying fair isle the stitches are pretty even and the sock actually fits me. Double yay!


Thanks for all your support and encouragement. I hope you aren't too disappointed that they aren't both done. It would have been nice but probably not totally realistic. I will continue to work on them and someday (hopefully sooner than later) show you a finished pair.

8 comments:

jabeybaby said...

That sock looks great!

tich said...

Wow! My uncompleted sock, in plain, ordinary knitting has been lurking in a bag for the last nine months. Well done!!

Wool Winder said...

Beautiful work! Be sure to cast on the second sock now while the pattern is fresh in your mind.

em's scrapbag said...

Your sock looks great! The Olympics where so great it was hard to do much hand work. Love the colors.

MichelleB said...

It looks fabulous! And good for you that you tried something new (and that looks dreadfully hard, lol).

Rebekah said...

what a gorgeous sock! My olympic project didn't quite get finished either

peaknits said...

Wow - this sock is amazing!! You should be so proud of what you have finished - nothing like a big goal:)

We Six Nasons said...

Your sock looks wonderful! I am impressed with how much you have already completed. The short row heel looks fantastic too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails