Monday, May 24, 2010

Blogger Quilt Festival

A big thank you to Amy for bringing hundreds of quilters together online like nobody else can. I have been having the best time oohing and ahhing over all the wonderful quilts. I think it is so cool that The Blogger's Quilt Festival gives so many quilters with so many different styles a way to share their talents with each other.



For my quilt I chose one that I just finished (stitched the binding during the finale of LOST last night) and it happens to be my first finished quilt for Charity Quilts For My Birthday. Charity Quilts For My Birthday is a challenge I started for myself and for anyone else who wants to join me. You can read all about it here. I picked all the fabric from my stash and used the New Wave pattern from Oh Fransson!. I love this pattern!


I think the fabric makes it a great quilt for a young girl. This quilt is going to Quilts for Kids along with a couple more that I am currently finishing.



I didn't have enough of the blue flower fabric for the back so I cut it in half diagonally and added a wide strip of the white flower fabric. This is such a fun and easy way to increase the size of your backing.





It feels so good knowing this is going to a child who will really enjoy it. I hope it brings a big smile to her face.




If you would like to join me or spread the word about Charity Quilts For My Birthday go ahead and grab this button and put it on your blog...


Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog! Enjoy the rest of the Blogger's Quilt Festival!


15 comments:

Sherri said...

Love your quilt...and the great idea for the backing too!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I love this quilt!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Loving it. It is really striking.

*karendianne. said...

Friend, I love this quilt and when you shared this quilt on Stash Manicure I was inspired. So inspired I added that link to my blog sidebar. It's been there. Did you ever see it? Ohh... Well I should have told you, ha? Well let me see what header its under. brb... On the right hand side under INSPIRATIONS. hee Sorry about that.

Angie Padilla said...

I hadn't seen this pattern before but it sure is cute. Vibrant colors! And I love the backing!

jabeybaby said...

I love that quilt and I'm sure the lucky girl that gets it will love it too!

Jackie said...

This quilt is so cute! I'm sure whoever gets it will just love it.

MARIKA said...

Very beautiful quilt work !

schmidt1016 said...

What a great quilt! Whoever gets it will feel really blessed. And I love your idea for the backing. It even fits with the spirit of the quilt front.
Leslie S. in MN
esclante [at] comcast [dot] net

peaknits said...

What a fun quilt! And for charity - nice work!

Leslie said...

this is so fun....i love how colorful it is. i am seeing this pattern pop up in a lot of blogs and i love it

Eileen said...

wonderfully bright quilt--some child will be so happy to receive this work of love. thanks for sharing

Rebekah said...

cute quilt! What a fun pattern to use for Quilts for Kids. You're making good progress on your 40 by 40 goal!

Michelle said...

What a bright, cheerful quilt!

Amy Kirchhoff said...

About to make one of these. Did you use the fat cats ruler or her template?

Related Posts with Thumbnails