Monday, May 31, 2010

May Schnibble

I am here at my annual Memorial Day quilting retreat and I thought I would share my first finish. I brought this project all cut up and ready to go and was able to piece it, quilt it, and bind it on my retreat. I finished hand sewing the binding yesterday and had to take advantage of the beautiful backdrop to take pictures.



This month we were given the chance to use any Schnibble pattern we wanted so I chose
Two Bits. I made this quilt at a retreat a couple years ago and I used all the leftovers from the jelly roll (and some muslin) to piece this table runner.



I also pieced the back with every little scrap of the fabric from this line I had left. I love it so much more than if I would have had enough of one fabric for the back.



When I get home this little beauty will find a home in my living room on the trunk that serves as our coffee table. I will be back in a day or two to show you what my friends and I accomplished at our retreat.

17 comments:

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous location for a retreat and for a photo shoot!

This is really cute and I especially love the pieced back.

Tina said...

It'll look great on your trunk! Hope you're having fun on your retreat!

Alexis said...

Cute quilt and gorgeous location!

Sherri said...

Such a great idea! Love it!

lou said...

your quilting is really getting good! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

iSew said...

I love it!!! You know how I love that Roman Holiday line. I can't wait to see it in person and hear all about the retreat. :)

MichelleB said...

It's lovely! I'm totally jealous that you got to go on retreat.

Sharon said...

Awesome quilt and photo shoot! Retreats are the best...I know you had fun.

Gran said...

Love the back too! Well Done!

Sinta Renee said...

I love what you did with the pattern! I love the back too!

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like a fun retreat. Love the pieced back.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

That is going to look fantastic in your home. Love it.

traceyjay said...

way cute!

The shot is gorgeous, and I love the back!

Beautiful.

carolann said...

Gorgeous! I agree that pieced backings are always more interesting and a great way to do something creative and use up fabric.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful. Love how you photographed it.

iSew said...

I just had to say again how much I love this little quilt, now that I have seen it in person. Of course, you've now enabled me into Schnibbles too, haha!

lou said...

waiting for retreat pictures...

Related Posts with Thumbnails