Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Round Robin

Back in January I joined a small group of quilters in my quilt guild to participate in a Round Robin. You start off by making a block of your own and then pass it on to the next person in the group. You will receive someone else's block and you add a border. The next block you get will have already been to another quilter and you are the second to add a border, and so on. We get two months for each round. It is such a fun challenge. You can catch up here on how it has gone up until now. (if you scroll all the way down on that link, you will start with the block I made)

This is the second quilt I have had the opportunity to add a border to. It is Dolores' quilt. I struggled with finding fabrics in my stash that matched this quilt.



I lucked out when I found a few fat quarters that I had been given at a retreat a year or two ago. They weren't exactly what I was looking for but they seemed like they might work if I used them in the right way. I also used a few of the fabrics that came along in the box that carried her quilt to tie it together. I am so pleased with how it turned out!



Here is the next one that I will be pondering for the coming month or two. It has a Christmas theme. The other quilters have really seem to keep nicely with the theme. I hope I can keep with the theme too as it is not really my style of quilt.



Now I need to get to cutting fabric for a baby quilt. I am teaching some of the teenage girls at church how to quilt. So they decided to make a baby quilt I hope it goes well and that we can get it made in an hour and a half. I guess whatever doesn't get finished I can take care of at home.


10 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What great fun and a good way to mingle with other quilters in a unique way.

Jeanne said...

I like your addition to the first quilt and look forward to seeing what you do with the second one.

Sharon said...

Aren't Round Robins fun?

Anne Ida said...

Love what you did with the blue/purple RR - really compliments the previous rounds. Best of luck figuring out what to do with the Christmas RR - not really sure what I would do with that one either...

it's really fun to see how these RRs progress! Have heaps of fun!

Pat said...

I have always been afraid of round robins - scared my addition would screw up the whole quilt :-)

I love your border choice on the blue/pink center!

Lou said...

2 postings in 2 days! I'm proud of you! The cool weather must be energizing you. good job.

julieQ said...

What fun! I think I need to start this around with my group.

Kathie said...

very fun can't wait to see what you do next.
kathie

Alexis said...

That looks great Trisha- the fabrics look like you bought them to match! Round Robins sound fun- I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the Christmas one. Have fun!

Des said...

Oh, I love Round Robins! It was one of the first things I ever participated in my quilt guild. Such a fun creative thing to do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails