Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bring on Summer

 

Kids in the kitchen

My kids helping make dinner the other night.

No more homework!  No more books!  No more teacher’s dirty looks!  Yay, today is the last day of school!  I think I am more excited than the kids and let me tell you they are excited.    I am looking forward to not being so scheduled or at least being scheduled the way we want to be.  We are going to spend the summer camping, cooking (the kids have been begging me to give them cooking lessons), at the zoo, at the beach, at the library, playing games, reading, and whatever else we feel like doing.  Now if it would just stop raining that would really be the icing on the cake.

12 comments:

Lou said...

ok - I'm officially jealous. Maybe I'll win the lotto tonight and I can join you in the fun and games.

Rebekah said...

have fun with your kids this summer! It sounds like you've got a lot of great stuff planned.

It's times like these that I wish I went into teaching so that I could get the summer off, too. :)

julieQ said...

Yippee!! Looks like fun to me...let the summertime begin in your house!

Alexis said...

It's hard to believe it's summer with this weather... but I am still wishing we were out of school already too! Sounds like you have some fun plans!

Tina said...

Wahoo!

Jackie said...

I'm jealous too! I think I want to be a kid for one more summer!

Chookyblue...... said...

have a lovely holiday......

iSew said...

I didn't see anything in there about crafty days or visiting friends with kitties. hehe Hooray for Summer!

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like a fabulous summer is in store for you.

MichelleB said...

Yeah! My kids will be out next week. With one graduating out of high school, and one graduating out of middle school, and the third just hanging out. lol

LadyV said...

I'm with you...My kids are out for summer and I have officially declared that I'm on vacation too!

trace said...

Hi Trisha,
It's Tracy from Shoreview (In Stiches WIP Wednesday 6/23/10)and your APQ quilt top is really beautiful too. It's fun to see how others put together colors (I pretty much copied the magazine quilt). I'm going to add your blog to my quilting bookmarks! Have a great day...Tracy

Related Posts with Thumbnails