Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Retreat Review



As you know from my previous post I was gone to a retreat for Memorial Day weekend.  It has taken me until now to find the time to sit down and put a post together to show you what all my talented friends worked on.  Sorry for the delay. 

First I had to show you this gorgeous view.  We get to sew at the most beautiful place.  My husband and kids came by for a visit one day and we walked down to the water.  The tide had gone out earlier in the day and was coming back in.  We found lots of sand dollars and seashells and even saw some wildlife.  It was a nice break from sitting at the sewing machine.  I snapped this picture on the way down the trail.

DSC07566 

Without further ado here is what my friends wowed me with this time…

Nan worked on this gorgeous quilt filled with Kaffe Fassett fabric.  I just love it!

DSC07567

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Here are two beautiful scrap quilts.  The first one is Barb’s…

DSC07563

And this second one is Margot’s…

DSC07564

Shirley worked on these cute doggie placemats for an animal charity auction.  They are all different and so cute with doggie themed fabric.

DSC07565

Shirley also made this vibrant quilt from fabric a friend had brought her back from Finland. 

DSC07597

Darlene made this quilt from a kit that she had bought.  It is pretty cool because the quilt takes 5 yards of fabric.  One yard of five different fabrics. 

DSC07582

Darlene’s grandson has become a cub scout so she made this cute pillowcase to take with him to summer camp.

DSC07595

Darlene used Bar Harbor charm packs to make this cute patriotic colored quilt. 

DSC07596

Alice and I sat right next to each other at the retreat.  She was so much fun.  And so generous too because when I realized that I didn’t have enough of a line of fabric I was working with Alice checked her stash on a trip back home one day and brought me some.  Here is a quilt she made…

DSC07559

She also bound a quilt, made little baby booties, and made this cute bag…

DSC07600

Melanie is participating in a row quilt exchange kind of like the Round Robin I am doing but with rows.  She finished this one off with the top row that shows a sun peeking over the clouds.  I love the creativity that each person took with their row.

DSC07560

After Melanie finished her row she switched over to working on this very large quilt top.  Isn’t it beautiful!

DSC07590 

We were all in love with this quilt top Rosie put together with some blocks I think she found or someone gave her.  It is all scrappy with cowboy themed fabric.  I love the secondary pattern the blocks make when joined together.

DSC07561

This next quilt is one of those one block wonders.  All the blocks are made with one fabric.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the fabric Marianne was using when she made this.  Amazing!

DSC07583

This quilt was made by Joanne.  I like how she placed the color in this quilt and I love the batiks.

DSC07591

Susan is always amazing me with what she can find at thrift stores.  She shows up at guild meetings with the most beautiful yarns that she finds there.  Well she found all the fabric and the panel to make this quilt at a thrift shop.  Wow!

DSC07598

She also made this beautiful Storm at Sea quilt from a John Flynn laser cut quilt kit.  I love all the blues.

DSC07593

Amber came by for a visit and stayed to work on a project and have dinner with us.  She brought a mini trunk show with her of some of the quilts she had been working on.  I thought you might want to see it too!

DSC07570

 

DSC07571

 

DSC07572

 

 

DSC07573

 

DSC07574

 

DSC07575



DSC07576

DSC07577

I took more pictures than that but unfortunately the rest are too blurry.  I guess I was really excited to be there and couldn’t always keep still enough.  :)   You saw what I finished at retreat, but I also spent a lot of time working with this gorgeous stack of Kona solids.

kona

And I cut them like this…

kona cut

And you will find out what I did with them in my next post!  Thanks for sticking around for this long post.  I hope you found some inspiration from my very talented friends.

14 comments:

Alexis said...

Thanks for sharing! There are some lovely quilts there. And I am soooo intrigued by your stack of solids... you teaser!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! Now I can show Mom!
Amber

Jackie said...

Truly spectacular quilts! I can't wait to see what you do with the Kona solids.

I would want to sit by the water every evening for a bit, it's so gorgeous.

Tina said...

Always an amazing group of quilts made at your retreats! Can't wait to see what you're doing with those solids!

JanuskieZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne Ida said...

What a colourful post! Wonderful quilts. Looks like lots of inspiration to share at your retreat!

lou said...

I can hardly wait to try the cowboy fabric one. Everything is gorgeous! I don't get to go to one till OCTOBER!!!!!

Andee said...

I love them all, but Darlene's Bar Harbor is my favorite! WOW!

Marilyn W said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your posts!!!

Sinta Renee said...

Great post! Thanks for the retreat recap- the quilts are fantastic! I love the Kaffee quilt especially... well, several of them were inspiring!

conner posse said...

I sooo love looking at all these amazing quilts!!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

OMGoodness! THANK YOU for sharing all that FUN FUN FUN Eye-candy! Gosh---that's enough to get ANYONE inspired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Marie said...

What a great post with so many quilts to make our fingers itch for fabric.

Rebekah said...

I loved looking at all of these amazing quilts. It looks like the retreat was a relaxing and productive time for you all. The views are beautiful!

I love that Marimekko quilt with the blue and pink flowers. Finnish fabric is just so timeless.

Related Posts with Thumbnails