Thursday, July 22, 2010

Charity Quilts for My Birthday

If you are new to my blog and thinking, what in the world is Charity Quilts for My Birthday?   You can read all about it here.  In a nutshell I am making 40 charity quilts by the time I turn 40 years old, and I have invited you to play along with me. 

 

Here are my official first two charity quilts that have been sent off in the mail to Quilts for Kids and I am not even 35 yet (give me a few more weeks and I won’t be able to say that anymore).

This one was a kit from Quilts for Kids that they sent me.  You can do this too!  Just go to there website and request a kit and they send it to you in the mail.

DSC07906

I made this one (New Wave quilt pattern from Oh Fransson!) to send along with the one I made up from the kit. 

DSC07907

Aren’t they cute!  I wish I could see the little faces that get these two bright, fun quilts. 

DSC07910

If you would like to participate in Charity Quilts for My Birthday just grab the button and put it on your blog.  Pick a goal that works for you.  It could be one charity quilt by your next birthday.  Whatever you want to do.  If you write a post about your goal then link to it at the end of the original charity quilt  post.  If you don’t have a blog you can still play along.  Just comment on this post about what your goal is going to be and then if you want to e-mail me picks of your finished quilts I would be happy to share them with everyone. 

Speaking of quilters out there making quilts for Charity Quilts for My Birthday, go check out this post from Em who blogs over at Em’s Scrapbag.  I love that you guys are making charity quilts along with me!!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank you for this idea. I quickly used your link and went to their website. This is just what I was looking for. I sign right up to geta kit. I can't wait!

Alexis said...

Those look great Trisha! Congrats on getting them off in the mail and staying ahead of the curve!

Jackie said...

Quilts for Kids is such a great organization. I finally got the label sewn on mine and mailed off today.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hi Trisha! I'm Michele down in Salem and I almost exclusively make charitable quilts for donation.... yet I'd never heard of the 40 by 40. Already having turned 60, I guess I'm already either 'in the hole' or 'buried under' but I've quite possibly already given that many away! Ha!

Nevertheless, I totally love that concept and shall be blogging about it in depth, on my own blog in the future. Have always loved 'Quilts for Kids' (though I tend to give mine away locally)I shall remind everyone of that lovely organization again, as well!

Love your quilts and your blog!You're definitely being bookmarked;) Passed through Seattle Monday en route from Juneau to Salem! Love it there.

Rebekah said...

you've taken on such a cool challenge! I love the two quilts that you made. That new wave pattern is so versatile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails