Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Schnibble (and a make up)

It is rainy outside today. Doesn't feel much like summer. I am glad I wasn't tempted with a sunny day since I shackled myself to the sewing machine so I could finish my Schnibble by today's deadline. We had a choice this month between Plan C and Short Story, two of Carrie's cute Schnibble patterns. I went with Short Story since it is a pattern I have wanted to make for a long time. I wanted it to be big so I can snuggle under it. I used my new design wall A LOT for this project and it was so handy. I even used it to take pictures of the finished top since it is too wet outside for an outdoor photo shoot.




I had fun pulling fabric from my stash for this quilt. I pulled from the blue, yellow, orange, green, and brown stacks on my shelves. I am using a lot of my hoarded fabric and it really is more fun to put it in a quilt then to just pick it up and pet it now and then. The background fabric is Kona white.


I also recently finished a Schnibble that should have been finished months ago. I don't even remember which month it was but I know it must have been a busy one for me not to have finished the quilt. It is a nice baby quilt size and that is what it will probably end up being since I have so many friends expecting a baby right now.


This marks the end of A Year of Schnibbles and I had such a good time and won some awesome prizes! Rumor has it they are going to do it another year with some changes to the rules. I can't wait to see what Sherri and Sinta have cooked up for the upcoming year. If you have sat on the sidelines this past year I encourage you to jump in and participate. It is a lot of fun!

6 comments:

Béa said...

Both Schnibbles are beautiful, I really love the colours choice of Short story !

Suzanne said...

It's great to see and hear that you are using your prized fabric in a quilt! Way to go! I still think of that post you wrote recently about reorganizing your fabric. Your honest expression has helped me more than you know.

randi---i have to say said...

Your quilt looks so pretty hanging on the shelf! Simply perfect!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Don't you just love the side patterns this makes. Things your eye can look at and pick up - love that.

Marianne said...

Love that crisp white in Short Story!

Jackie said...

Two beautiful quilts! I saw that they were continuing the Year of Schnibbles. It will be great to see what everyone comes up with!

Related Posts with Thumbnails