Monday, August 2, 2010

Doll Quilt Swap

 dqs9button

My sister designed this button for the swap.  Isn’t it cute?!

I feel very lucky to be in the Doll Quilt Swap this round.  Especially because so many people wanted to be a part of it that they held a lottery to pick the participants.  We all waited anxiously to see if we got in.  I did a happy dance when I found out I got in.  You should have seen it.  It was awesome. 

When you get your partner’s name for this secret swap, you start stalking right away.  That is one of the best parts of the swap.  You read their blog, stroll their Flickr photostream, and check out their favorites.  Before I show you what I decided on for this round, I want to show you what I have made for past partners. 

Click on the links to see the original post and more pictures of each quilt.

DQS8

DQS7

DQS7

DQS6

DQS6

DQS5

DQS4

DQS4

That was fun!  Ok, so this round my partner seems to like patchwork and linen.  So I took this fabric…

DSC07899

And I fussy cut it into these…

DSC07903

Then I looked through my stash and pulled coordinating brights (and then some) to make these…

DSC07905

Then I put them together and added some borders.  So here is my quilt top for DQS9!

DSC08000

I want to mention that my inspiration came from this post over at Joan’s blog Wishes, True and Kind.  She does a great little tutorial so you can make your own Bright Hopes blocks.  Now I am deciding how I am going to piece the back.  I will let you know when I decide.  Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me!

4 comments:

Des said...

Great little walk down Doll Quilt Swap lane!~ Love your new one, too!!

Alexis said...

What a cute quilt! I love your combo of fabrics Trisha! It's fun to see all your doll quilts past as well!

Tine said...

Your quilt for this round is gorgeous! I love all the other quilts as well, but this years quilt is just awesome!

Sinta Renee said...

I love the idea of these doll quilts! Yours is absolutely adorable... love the way you fussy cut the altenate blocks. Very cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails