Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Round Robin

I am really enjoying this round robin that I am participating in through my quilt guild.  It has been challenging and fun.  Remember this one that I had to have done by the end of July?  Well, I didn’t add my part until a day before I had to pass it along.  This is very much not my style so it was hard to get motivated and hard to come up with something that would go with the style. SBS

I ended up adding a border with little blocks in the corners that look like wrapped Christmas presents.  I love that block and was excited to get to make a few.  I hope Mary Ann likes my addition to her quilt.

DSC07954

Here is my next and last round robin quilt to work on.  This one is Susan’s and it is so beautiful.  Susan started with a square of that pretty print in the middle.  I love the little baskets and the appliqued border.  I am thinking about doing a flying geese border.  We will see.  

DSC08036

In October (I think) will be the big reveal where we will get to see everyone’s quilt tops plus our own.  I can’t wait!!  And it won’t just be our group.  I think there are about four or five other groups that are participating too.  Mine started out like this…

RR

I can’t wait to see what everyone has added to it.  I will make sure and take my camera that night so you can see all the round robins too.

8 comments:

Alexis said...

How fun! I like the border you added to the Christmas one- great idea!

Jackie said...

I think the border you added totally makes the quilt! I love the block you started with for your own RR too. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

em's scrapbag said...

You did good with the sunbonnet Sue. The corner blocks look great. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

josh healy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina said...

Your border and those cute little blocks in the corners really look great! What size are the corner blocks?

I can't wait either to see what happened with your center!

julieQ said...

How pretty with the border, upon border! I love SBS anyway...cute!

traceyjay said...

wow... these are pretty cool... (I like yours best). ;)

Cathy said...

I just love this Sunbonnet Sue Christmas block! Is it your pattern? I like it very much and would love to make one. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails