Thursday, August 12, 2010

Secret Project Revealed

I have had to keep quiet about this for over a year and I am so excited to finally get to share.  Over a year ago Anne Ida of Quiltoholic contacted me and asked me if I would like to be part of a special project for Jennifer Chiaverini.  Yep,the Jennifer Chiaverini, author of the Elm Creek Quilt novels and one of my favorite authors.  I got to meet her in person at the Sister’s Quilt show years ago AND her publishing company picked my quilt to be in her Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler pattern book.  That was a very exciting moment for me. 

Anne Ida asked and I said YES.  She asked some other quilters too.  We were each asked to remake the cover of one of Jennifer’s books into a quilt block that ended up being about the size of a regular piece of paper.  While we were secretly quilting, Jennifer was writing.  We made the covers of the first 14 books in the Elm Creek Quilt series (currently there are 16).  We all sent our blocks to Anne Ida in Norway and she pieced the top.  Then Val in France did the long arm quilting and also ended up delivering the quilt to Jennifer while she was in the States recently.  The quilt turned out so beautiful.  I love how Anne Ida put our signature blocks in the border on the front of the quilt.        

Book cover quilt

Here is the book cover I was assigned and my interpretation of it on the right. 

winding ways Book cover quilt block

I heard that Jennifer loved the quilt and even had a place in mind to hang it.  In her office where she writes.  Now how awesome is that!!

16 comments:

Sherri said...

Congrats...what a fun project to get to be involved in...your block is terrific!

Anita said...

That is so cool!! Congrats on being a part of such a great project!

MichelleB said...

Very awesome! And I love the way your block turned out. Wonderful.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the block you interpreted...you did a fabulous job!
What a treasure of a quilt! And an honour to be invited to contribute...congratulations!

Vicki W said...

What a wonderful gift!

Alexis said...

So cool! What a great project to be involved in! I have always wanted to read her series. Your block is beautiful!

Jackie said...

What an honor Trisha! I love your interpretation of the book cover. It has all the elements. I've not started reading this series of books but they're on the "list". I know once I start the first one I won't be anything else until I finish the series. Congratulations again!

Sharon said...

WOW...this is an amazing quilt! Your block turned out beautiful!

Suzanne said...

Kudos! That's just awesome.

manos de chicureo said...

Congratulations. Really nice. Very artistic your quilt.
Yasmin

iSew said...

Oh my gosh, Trisha, that's awesome and your block is beautiful!!!

Mel said...

What a fun project!! Your block is gorgeous!!!

Anne Ida said...

So happy you joined in on the fun and made such a beautiful block! Thank you for participating!

Chookyblue...... said...

what fun it looks great...........

Barb on cape cod said...

That is a wonderful quilt! Your block is beautiful too!

Tina said...

VERY awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails