Saturday, October 23, 2010

Autumn Haze

I had such a huge response to the afghan I started knitting.  It seems you want to knit it too and who could blame you.  It’s tempting, isn’t it? 

IMG_0420

Pattern:  Autumn Haze (free pattern)

Yarn:  Berroco Comfort

Mods:  I did change one of the colors.  I went with Iron Oxide instead of Filbert.  I wanted a darker red/orange than the pattern called for.

I bought my yarn at Unraveled Yarns and they carry all the yarn to make the blanket.  It says on their website that they will ship the yarn to you. 

I am still plugging away at it and enjoying it very much.  The only problem is that I don’t have the time to sit down with it as much as I want to.  Let me know if you decide to make it! 

9 comments:

Andrea said...

It really is very beautiful. I love the colors!

Jackie said...

I made a sweater for 2 of my nieces out of the Berocco Comfort. It's a nice soft durable yarn. Your afghan is looking wonderful!

Barb said...

You are right, love the colors...

Vicki quilternp said...

Thanks so much for the info on the afghan I have already downloaded the pattern. I was trying to determine which color you were using that is different than the pattern calls for and can't figure it out can you point it out?

iSew said...

umm, yes. I definitely want to knit one too. When can we go shopping for the yarn together? :)

Rebekah said...

What a gorgeous afghan! That's the book cover, right? I'm trying desperately hard not to start on another knit or crocheted afghan (I get the urge every fall)

Lou said...

gorgeous - I'm goign to have to make one!

Shannon said...

Wow...the colors you picked would look great in my living room...hint hint:)

Beautiful job!

llagin said...

is this afghan using the exact pattern big enough for a person to actually cuddle under or is it like a lap blanket? and if it is like a lap blanket do you have reccs on how to alter the pattern.

Related Posts with Thumbnails