Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Little Tokyo

Recently my friend, Amber, gave me a little quilt she made.  It is a mini version of a quilt that Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson! has designed and invited all to quilt along with her.  It is called Tokyo Subway Map and you can follow the link to make one of your own.     

IMG_1270

Amber is currently making the bigger version and she has all her little squares cut up and ready to go.  It was fun to see them all stacked by color.  It was some major quilter eye candy.

IMG_1272

When she gave me this little quilt I was so excited.  I could not stop smiling.  I had wanted to quilt along with Elizabeth and make my own but didn’t think I had enough variety in my stash for it.  Maybe I do, but I don’t have to wonder anymore because now I have my own little Tokyo Subway Map!

IMG_1280

It has become my little sewing machine rug.  Kind of like the mug rugs everyone is making all over blogland.  It is the perfect size and the best part is that I get to enjoy looking at it every time I sew, which is pretty much every day.  Thanks so much, Amber!!  I love it!!

I’ll be back tomorrow to show you some Christmas gifts I made and a few crafty gifts that I received. 

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

You received quite a treasure from Amber!

Jackie said...

It's so cute! I love your idea of using it as a sewing machine mat. You'll smile every time you see it!

em's scrapbag said...

What a cheerful happy sewing mat. Thanks for sharing the link.

jabeybaby said...

So cute, and now I want a sewing mat! :-)

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Lucky you! What size squares did Amber use?

Tina said...

Lucky!

Sherri said...

I love this little Tokyo quilt...what a wonderful gift!

Tine said...

That is such a great idea, making a mini-version of the Tokyo quilt :) Lucky you for receiving such a beauty!

Alexis said...

That is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails