Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Back on 2010

 blog mosaic

 

It sure is rewarding to see pictures of all that I completed this year in one place.  I was happily surprised to see that over half of them were made with love for someone else.  In 2010 I started Charity Quilts for my Birthday and donated my first 2 quilts.  Only 38 more to go!  LOL   I knit 5 pairs of socks, keeping one pair for myself.  Knit my first lace shawl and enjoyed it so much that I knit another one.  I wrote a tutorial that got way more hits than any of my other posts.  I got my fabric all organized and have been more inspired because of it.  I was offered a job to make store samples for a friend’s business.  It has kept me busy and I am enjoying the extra income.  I met some wonderful bloggers in real life and have made a life long friend through blogging. 

 

It has been a great year!  I want to say a big thank you to YOU my readers.  It is so much more fun to post on here knowing that you read it.  I love when you take the time to comment, it feels like we are having a conversation.  I have enjoyed getting to know each of you.  Happy New Year!!!    

14 comments:

Alexis said...

Happy New Year Trisha! It's fun to see all your quilts and knitting from last year in one place. The sample job sounds great- congrats! Wishing you a wonderful 2011!

jabeybaby said...

Sounds like you had a great year, hope 2011 is even better! Happy New Year!

Tina said...

You had a lot of personal accomplishments this year! Congrats on all your wonderful projects!

Sinta Renee said...

Wishing you a wonderful new year Trisha! I love your photo collage of accomplishments!

stantonblog said...

Wow Trisha, I am so impressed with all of the things you completed this year. Wish I could say the same. Maybe that will be a good resolution for me to finish some of the projects that I have set aside, like 2 quilts with half of the binding sewn on, a few quilted tops not bound yet, and many half completed tops.

Tine said...

Wonderful projects! And so many of them, you have had a busy year :)
Lovely mosaic!
Happy New Year :) I hope you have a fantastic 2011!

Suzanne said...

Happy New Year! I have enjoyed reading your blog this year. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Anne Ida said...

Oh, you had a busy 2010 and made a group of lovely things! Happy new sewing year!

em's scrapbag said...

Happy New Year to your. Your 2010 finishes look wonderful! Here's to a productive 2011.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Looking back is very satisfying.

Pat said...

What a bright beautiful display of yearlong fiber crafts!

julieQ said...

It was an absolutely wonderful year!! I love your collage...very pretty.

Emily said...

You are pretty much awesome Trisha! Living with you at college I would have never guessed, but you are one talented chickadee! I wish we lived closer so you could teach me. I LOVE the quilts especially. The baby quilt and the pinwheel quilts are my faves.

Look forward to seeing your future stuff.

Your friend
Emily

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, what an impressive body of work for 2010! Looks great -- I love the variety, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails