Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Missed ya!

Have you missed me?  I’ve missed you.  I guess I took a bit of an unintended blog break.  Sometimes you just need to do that.  I just didn’t realize I did until I had already taken one.  Thanks to those who have been asking when the heck I was going to blog again.  I especially liked the one that said they were sick of looking at my blue scraps (my last post from over a month ago).  Haha!  That really made me laugh.  I love you too, Jeannie!  I think it really hit me that it had been a while when I got on Blogger and saw that I had 54 comments to moderate.  Yikes!  Most of them were for my Faux Binding Tutorial.  If you haven’t checked it out, it is a great method to finish off your quilt.   

 

Are you all in the thick of Christmas present making too?  Doesn’t make for good blog posting since I can’t show anything for fear that the recipient will see it and know it is for them.  But I can show you a few things that I have finished lately.  I knit these socks for my best friend’s birthday.  I don’t know how to say ‘I Love You’ more than knitting a pair of socks for someone.  They just take that much time.  

DSC08452

 

My camera broke.  It still takes pictures but with a big dark spot in the corner.  So I got a new camera and made a cute camera strap for it.  I think my favorite setting on the camera so far is the sport setting.  I got some great action shots of my son’s soccer games and my daughter’s volleyball games.  Now I just need to read far enough in the book I bought to learn how to use it and figure out how to use it past the manual settings!   

DSC08498

 

I made an apron for my daughter who was doing a presentation about cooking at a church activity.

IMG_0360

 

This was one of the Schnibbles I did last year.  I finished it up for a friend that was having a baby boy.

DSC08431

 

I have a few more baby quilts that I am finishing up in the next couple days that I can show you.  So I will be back soon.  Promise!  And in the mean time, I would love to hear what you have been working on.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Welcome back! I didn't realize how much I enjoy your blog until you were gone. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking . . . man, still those blue scrap squares (although I do like them). I thought maybe you were busy finishing up your Autumn Haze afghan?

Tine said...

HI! Good to see you again :) Unintended blog breaks do happen, but hey, we are all still here.
The quilt is wonderful and the socks look so soft!
I am looking forward to seeing more of your work ;)

em's scrapbag said...

Good to hear from you again. The apron is so cute. Congrats on your new camera.

traceyjay said...

love those socks! (and the other stuff is nice too).

Welcome back! I'm having to get creative with my posts, since I too am in full Christmas gear mode. :)

Lou said...

Glad to see you're throwing some knitting in there now...don't want to forget how! Missed you!

Alexis said...

Welcome back Trisha! It's good to hear what you've been up too... congrats on a lot of finishes! Have a happy holiday!

julieQ said...

Of course you were missed! Love your pretty socks...and that quilt on the fence is just wonderful!

grami said...

Hi! I am here from Holly Jolly Blog Bingo Blog Roll. Your socks are awesome and was that you that won today??

Happy Holidays.
grami

Related Posts with Thumbnails