Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Some Christmas Knitting

We get together every year to exchange presents with another family who we are really close to.  She’s my best friend, he’s my husband’s best friend, and our kids are best friends.  We consider each other family.  Since we just had our annual Christmas dinner and gift exchange, I can show you what I made for her youngest girl.  (my daughter modeled it for the pictures)      

IMG_1249

I made a poncho for her years ago and she still wears it.  It is WAY too small for her to be wearing but she loves it.  So I thought I better make her a new one so that she can pass the other one on to someone smaller than her to enjoy. 

IMG_1251

I made it a little on the big side because I knew that she would wear it for a long time like she did with the other one and I wanted it to last.  Here it fits my daughter well and she is a few years older.  My friend, Ginny, crocheted that wonderful flower for me.  She didn’t even use a pattern.  She just sat down and whipped one up.  I don’t crochet, so I was pretty impressed and it adds so much to the cuteness of the poncho.   

IMG_1248

When my friend’s youngest girl opened the present she reacted like every knitter dreams of.  She absolutely loved it and put it on and didn’t want to take it off.  She even told everyone she was planning on wearing it to her baptism that will take place next year.  I was so pleased to hear that!  As they left late that night she wanted to wear it home and to bed.  I call that a successful knitted gift!

5 comments:

Alexis said...

It's so cute! The flower is fabulous too! Nice work Trisha!

em's scrapbag said...

It's darling and sure to be loved.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi! It's nice to meet you. I love to knit myself. This shawl is lovely. Have a Merry Christmas! Twyla

Lou said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Lou

Jackie said...

What a beautiful shawl. Love the flower, it's the perfect finishing touch. That's the kind of girl that it's so much fun to knit for! When she gets older, maybe she'll have an interest in learning to knit herself one day. She surely appreciates it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails