Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby Quilt Update

How can I fail when I have so many friends rooting for me!  Thanks for all your great comments.  The great thing about baby quilts is they are small, so you can work up a quilt top pretty fast.  So here is how I am doing so far. 

IMG_1507

I took the above stack of fabric and cut it up into 5” squares and   2 1/2” squares.

IMG_1506

 

I cut those 5” squares in half diagonally and paired them with a white triangle of the same size.

IMG_1509

 

Gotta love those half square triangles!

IMG_1511

 

And when you put those together you get pinwheels!

IMG_1515

 

Today I am going to play with some of these…

IMG_1516

 

Can you guess the baby quilt I am making?  Hint: It is a free online tutorial.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

No guesses but I like what I see so far!

Sinta Renee said...

It's by Jodi at MBS... I'm trying to finish up mine this week! I love your little version!!!

Pam said...

I recognize your quilt. I made a couple for my nieces and they turned out so cute!

Karin said...

it's the MBS pinwheel baby quilt! I love that quilt, and have made I think 4 of them! It's awesome that you can make a whole baby quilt from that pattern with just ONE charm pack and yardage. LOVE it!

peaknits said...

Wow - you are flying along - are those little guys going to be prairie...gosh - I forget what they are called - shoot, I need to get back into my sewing room;)

Alexis said...

So cute! You must be doing that adorable pinwheel quilt with the prairie points. Sweet!

Jackie said...

You're going to have that cute quilt finished in no time at all! It's looking GREAT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails