Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DQS10 & DLS

I signed up to participate in another Doll Quilt Swap.  It is round 10 and I have been participating since round 4.  This is really the only swap I do anymore and it is the best.  I really enjoy the secrecy of it.  It is lots of fun to stalk my partner and learn what his/her likes are.  I hope I got it right with this quilt I made.

IMG_1604

It is a mini version of this quilt I made last year.  I love the graphic simplicity of it and I got to play with solids which are a favorite of mine.  I see a lot more quilts with solids in my future.  I am still debating about how I am going to quilt it but when I figure it out I will make sure to show it to you when it is all done.

 

My socks are coming along wonderfully.  I was going to have a little rule for myself that I would try to work on my Autumn Haze afghan if I sat down to knit at home and my socks when I am out and about.  I threw that out the window as soon as I got into the groove of knitting this pattern.  I can’t put them down!

IMG_1607

It isn’t too late to join Anita and I for our little Sock of the Month club.  Although I really should rename it to Sock of the Every Couple of Months club since we are making a pair every two months.  A very reachable goal so if you want to join us it isn’t too late.  We are working on these Diagonal Lace Socks until the end of March.  For April/May we are knitting Jagged.  And for June/July we are knitting Socks for His Nibs.  Should be interesting trying to knit during the Summer since historically it doesn’t happen much but this might be the thing that keeps me knitting when it’s hot.   

IMG_1609

This is a fun and easy pattern and easy to memorize so I don’t have to look at the chart every 2 seconds.  I am crazy loving this yarn.  It is Heritage Paints in a beautiful red with bits of dark blue.  I have a bit of Heritage in my stash but this is my first time knitting with it and I love it.  I have always been a cuff down sock knitter because that is how I learned but buying this book got me comfortable knitting toe up socks and I really do love how you can make the most of your yarn when you knit toe up.  It is a lot easier to gauge when you will run out of yarn and at that point you are somewhere on the leg and can be done.  If that happens with cuff down socks you might not have enough yarn to get to the toe.  More than anything I like to be comfortable with different methods so that I will have the skills to knit any pattern I wish.  I am still working on collecting all those skills and enjoying the process!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

I really LOVE your socks! I've not been attracted to this pattern but your photos are changing that. I love blog inspirations!

Very cute doll quilt for your swap. It's one that you look at and come back to look at it again. I think the quilting will only add to that. I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with it.

Karin said...

I follow your blog and everytime I come to it, I have to sit and stare at your quilt on your header! Could you tell me where to get the pattern for that?! I'd love love love to make one!

Suzanne said...

I'm intrigued by your sock club but I'm afraid of commitment. :-) I can't wait to see the finished one. By the way, I looked back at the large version of the DSQ. How did you quilt it? I like it very much.

Anita said...

Your socks are Bea-U-tiFul! Love, love, love that yarn!

randi said...

i love the doll quilt and the full size one you linked to. so pretty! at some point i am going to have to try my hand with some solids. feels intimidating for some reason.

em's scrapbag said...

You're way ahead of me in the skills of knitting. Still something I need to learn.
Love the vivid colors and simple pattern on your doll quilt.

Laura said...

Love your socks - you are doing a great job! I make socks too but have never followed a chart - looks very confusing Someday I will sit down and figure it out. . . in the meantime please keep posting your beautiful pictures!

Andee said...

This makes me want to join in this swap...I love your modern looking quilt! Gorgeous! WOW! I am extremely jealous of your swap partner!

Related Posts with Thumbnails