Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pinwheel Baby Quilt

I’m impressed that some of you guessed that I am making Jodi’s adorable Pinwheel Baby Quilt from the Moda Bake Shop.  Quite a few of you have made this quilt before and some more than once.  I must confess it was Des’s version that convinced me that there was just no other quilt that would do.  I literally had to catch my breath when I saw it made up in Dream On by Urban Chiks.  I have wanted some of that fabric since it first came out.  Back to the Pinwheel Baby Quilt…it is a great pattern and so sweet for a baby girl.  What is it about prairie points that takes a quilt to a whole new level of cuteness?

IMG_1518

I got the top finished this morning but haven’t had the chance to pin baste it yet.  We had some guys here yesterday and today painting the ceiling over the kitchen, dining room, and living room.  I need to mop the dining room floor before I lay the quilt on it for pin basting.  I am hoping to do that tomorrow.  If things go really well I will have it quilted too. 

IMG_1519

I may not even need all six days for this one!

16 comments:

Margaret @ Konstant Kaos said...

Lovely quilt, I love the little triangle border!

Cheri said...

Those prarie points are jazzy! It does make you pause for breath. Lovely!

Mimi said...

I love this pattern and one of these days I am going to make one too!! Those prarie points are sooooo cute and I love that each pinwheel has different fabrics in the same colour family!

Sharon said...

This is such an adorable quilt!

flisa said...

Just beautiful!

Alexis said...

You are so fast and it is so cute! I just love the fabrics you put together for this one!

Sherri said...

Your quilt is just beautiful!

Tina said...

One lucky baby! It's turning out so cute!

Des said...

The colors are vibrant and bright. Did you just cook up your charm pack?? I love it!

peaknits said...

This quilt is gorgeous - lucky baby!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

It really is fabulous. I love Des's quilt.

em's scrapbag said...

Prarie points are so cute and really add to this fun quilt. You've done a great job. Enjoy your newly painted house. Fresh paint always makes things looks so clean and nice.

Pam said...

I made two-one for baby girl and one for baby boy. The girl one I use my charm packs but for the boy quilt I used blues and greens. They were both adorable!

Lisa said...

Those fabrics are delicious, and I love the quilt! Just found your blog today, you do beautiful work.

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous..........

Pat said...

I LOVE this little quilt - the prairie points are the perfect finishing touch and your colors are so bright and beautiful - off to print the pattern :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails