Sunday, March 27, 2011

Diagonal Lace Socks

I finished my socks a few days ago and I’m just getting the chance now to post about them.  I love them!  They are soft and the colors are beautiful.  I knit the leg nice and long like I like my hand knit socks to be. 

IMG_1709

The pattern was simple and the chart was easy to memorize.  I really like the yarn.  It is Cascade Heritage sock yarn and my first time to use it even though I have a few skeins in my stash that I have bought over the years. 

IMG_1710

I was excited to find out that there is a Ravelry group that is knitting all the socks in Socks from the Toe Up, but then discovered that it has been going on for over a year and they only have one or two left.  Bummer.  I am glad I have my knit along with you and Anita

IMG_1708

Pattern: Diagonal Lace Socks from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson

Needles: size 1 (2.25mm)

Yarn: Cascade Heritage Paints

 

For April and May we are knitting Jagged by Through the Loops.  Isn’t it a cool looking sock?  Reminds me of zig zag quilts, which I love.

 

IMG_1707 

I got lucky and won a giveaway from Fat Quarter Shop for Amy’s new book!  There are a lot of fun quilts in the book and I look forward to making some of them!

4 comments:

bloominworkshop said...

Your socks are beautiful! It's funny that we both were knitting with Cascade Heritage on this one.

Suzanne said...

I've been seeing Amy's book all over. I bet you will do something great with it, just like your socks.

Alexis said...

Your socks are gorgeous! Congratulations on winning that book- it looks like it has some fun projects!

Roxanne said...

Love those great socks! And congratulations on your win.

Related Posts with Thumbnails