Friday, April 8, 2011

Sent and Received! Hooray!

I finished my doll quilt for the DQS10 swap!

 IMG_1722

 

IMG_1725

 

IMG_1729

 

I used my Faux Piped Binding Tutorial for the binding on this little quilt.  It seemed to be the perfect quilt for it.

 

IMG_1727

I had fun stalking my partner and finding out what she likes.  I did find out that she wanted a certain ruler that could make it easier for her to make the New Wave quilt from OhFransson! and that thread where she lives is expensive so I made sure to help her out in those areas. 

IMG_1730

I sent it to New Zealand and I can’t believe how fast it got there!  I got a wonderful thank you note on Flickr from Viv and it made my day!  Nothing makes all that work more worth it than a very sweet and sincere thank you from its recipient.  Now I get to have the fun anticipation of waiting for a little quilt to arrive in the mail for me!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

It's so cute- and a nice package! Your quilting on this inspired me for the last quilt I finished, to be posted soon... thanks for the idea!

jovaliquilts said...

Looks great! Love the piping -- it really sets it off.

knitknerd said...

I know nothing about quilting but this looks fantastic! The whole swap thing sounds like fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails