Friday, May 27, 2011

Quilt Show!

Thanks for all your nice comments and ideas to make my quilting life a little easier while we are trying to sell our house.  I have put all my must have notions in a box.  And made project boxes so all I have to carry in from the garage is a couple boxes.  I slipped my cutting board and ruler under my couch and left my sewing machine on a chair in the corner of my dining room.  So no more excuses or whining.  It is time to make it work!

 

My guild, Evergreen Piecemakers, had a quilt show last weekend and it was wonderful.  Such a nice variety of quilting styles, there was something for everybody.  The week before I was free-motion quilting like mad to finish one of my entries into the show.  I had the top done a year ago.  I will have to do a post on just this quilt but for now here are some pics.

IMG_1833

This is the largest quilt I have ever free-motion quilted.  And I used a Faux Piped Binding on this quilt and it was the perfect touch.

IMG_1839

I also entered this one…

IMG_1855

And this one…

IMG_1853

Enough about me.  I want to show you all the gorgeous quilts my friends have made. 

 

IMG_1835

 

IMG_1846

 

IMG_1842

 

IMG_1844

 

IMG_1845

 

 

IMG_1836

 

IMG_1847

 

IMG_1848

 

IMG_1850

 

IMG_1851

 

IMG_1852

 

IMG_1857

 

IMG_1858

 

IMG_1859

 

IMG_1861

 

IMG_1863

 

IMG_1862

 

IMG_1865

 

IMG_1864

I’ll be back tomorrow with more!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Your quilts are beautiful, as are the other quilts in the show! What a great show!Thanks for sharing!

Alexis said...

What a lot of beautiful quilts to see! Yours look great. I am sorry I missed the show- we got some news last weekend that changed our plans.

sewinghappyplace said...

I had the urge for a quilt show today. Now I am satisfied. Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne said...

You are a talented group!

The Tinney's said...

pfffft.....you already know im jealous ;)

Roxanne said...

What wonderful quilts! I'm awestruck.

Des said...

Wow what a show! I love your quilts! I can't even imagine free-motion quilting something that big! I refuse to baste. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails