Friday, August 26, 2011

DQS11

I just can’t seem to resist signing up for the Doll Quilt Swap on Flickr.  It is such a great swap and so much fun.  It is a secret swap where stalking your partner is encouraged.  Who knew stalking could be so fun!  (scary!)  The person you give to and the person you receive a quilt from are two different people.  My partner was the famous Terrie Sandelin who has a published book called Miniatures in Minutes.  She likes the designer Aneela Hoey and I happened to have some Sherbet Pips so I designed a fun little quilt using some Sherbet Pips and coordinating stash.  Here is what I sent off to Terrie along with some civil war reproduction fabric since she is a fan…

IMG_2172

I got a thank you note from Terrie and she loves it!  Hooray!!

 

Can you believe that was my first attempt at wonky maverick stars?  Yep, and they are really fun too!  Someday I would love to make a bigger quilt with them.

 

A few days after I sent my quilt off I received a little surprise in the mail for me!

IMG_2206

Isn’t it cute!  I love the colors and the cute design.  Jeanette (scrapnchick on flickr)  sent me this and I love it.  It is temporarily living in my daughter’s room on her dresser because it matches her room perfectly.  We needed something to sit on her dresser to look nice while we have the house for sale and it works beautifully.  Jeanette sent me some fun goodies.  Lots of trim, a flower pin to dress up a sweater or blouse, a magnetic pin to hold my needle when I am hand sewing, and the tiniest little block I have ever seen.  Fun!   

3 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Very cute doll quilts. You did a great job with the wonky stars.

Pamela said...

I love the doll quilt you send to Terrie and I love the skier fabric. So fantastic.

Di~ said...

Sherbet Pips quilt so very cute! I pinned it, hope that is ok. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails