Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Teacups and Pumpkins

What in the world do those two have to do with each other?  They are two projects that I recently finished for Barb from The Quilted B. 

First is this pretty quilt.  The fabric in this quilt is Penelope by Lakehouse and it is so beautiful.

IMG_2097

 

The border on this quilt was the trickiest I have ever done.  I had to match the gingham on all four sides!  It was not easy but so worth the effort in the result that it gives. 

 

IMG_2103

 

I pieced the back because well…I just can’t help myself!  Something about a pieced back finishes off the quilt better and is more satisfying.  It’s like as the quilt hangs on the wall it has a secret and only I know what it is. 

 

IMG_2099

IMG_2101

 

When I get this one back I think it will hang in my future dining room.  (still staying positive over here that my house will sell)

 

IMG_2107

 

I also made this cute little runner.  Isn’t it so perfect for fall?

 

IMG_2095

 

As always, Barb has these both in kit form if you would like to make one of your own.  Just look on her website or send her an e-mail.

12 comments:

ferne said...

Both are great finishes! I need to have a few finishes here too, but I am spending a lot of my time outside. I have been thinking fall though and loved the pumpkin runner! Now I could finish that!!!

Anonymous said...

the gingham border is perfect! totally makes the quilt. And the pieced back? genius!
kelly

Linda said...

I also love to piece my backs! You're right - it seems to make them feel more finished. PLUS, it uses up all those little scraps and odd pieces you had left over.

The Tinney's said...

I LOVE the runner! You are so GOOD!

Roxanne said...

Matching that gingham border shows the high level of your quilting skills. Congratulations on your accomplishment!

manos de chicureo said...

I like the quilts, both.
Yasmin

LynCC said...

I really love your back! It's great the way one strip doesn't go all the way to the end, and the color patches radiating out in two directions only are intriguing. :D

Jackie said...

Your gingham border looks fantastic! I can't imagine how you got it all to line up.

Stanton Blog said...

Wow, I am amazed at the border. I don't think I have the patience to do that, but you are right it needed to be done. Love it! Great job as usual.

Suzanne said...

The pieced gingham is a great touch. I don't know that I noticed it had been matched but I bet some people would have noticed if it hadn't. Nice touch!

em's scrapbag said...

Beautiful quilts. Love the teacup on the back. Just perfect. The pumpkin runner is a great fall project.

UKMUMINUSA said...

OMgosh I found you from another blog, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous, I love the teacups. I just finished my 1st quilt, and I am in awe of your talent, I hope to post pics later this evening of it on my blog. Thanks for sharing, I am now following you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails