Saturday, July 28, 2012

Feels Good To Be Back

Wow!  I can’t believe I took that long of a break from blogging.  With my back injury and waiting for our house to be built I just couldn’t seem to get to it.  It felt like life was on hold.  I barely did any quilting. 

It was a long recovery but I am feeling so much better thanks to my physical therapy and I am back to doing the things I was doing before last October.  I still have to pace myself but that is my life.  We moved in to our house in the middle of June.  I am in love with this house but especially my studio.  No more sewing at the kitchen table and moving my project every time we sit down to eat.  It feels amazing to have a room that is all mine.  It was worth the wait!    

 

IMG_3302

Because every post needs to have a picture, here’s a little peek at the studio.  I bought these great shelves from Ikea to store my fabric and yarn stash.  The glass doors keep it dust free and I can see what I have.  It helps me shop out of my stash more.  The studio is still a work in progress.  I keep rearranging things.  

 

It feels so good to be quilting again and to be getting back in touch with all of you.  I spend time every day in my studio and I look forward to sharing my projects with you.  Thanks for all your kind e-mails while I have been away.  It feels so good to be back!    

8 comments:

Tina said...

I'm glad you are back too. Now i need to get back to blogging!

Chookyblue...... said...

so glad to see your back and you back is better and your in your new house with a sewing room.......wonderful news.........

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your new home and I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. Love the little peek into your studio and stash and hope to see more.

LynCC said...

Hooray for PT people! I'm glad your back is doing better, and excited for you being in your new home now. :D

LuAnn said...

Glad you are in your new home, and I love your cabinets where you can see what you have at a glance. I can see about 20 or so more posts for you right away because I can count that many quilts and/or tops on top of the cabinets that we would love to see!!!

Star said...

Welcome back and hope that your recovery is speedy. I just love that you have your own room to work and play in and the shelves are just lovely. I'm going to take a look at Idea myself now!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Congrats on the article. What a great surprise to open up my new AQS Mag and see you as a contributor!

Amber W.

rachelle pare said...

i love your shelves with the fabric and yarn. i never thought of combining my two together. i don't know what i enjoy more and i don't want to try and choose. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails