Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mom and Me

We have been in our new house for about three and a half months and I love it.  It is so nice to have more room and to have my own space to sew.  My mom joined me and we have had a lot of fun sewing together.  I made a pin cushion for her to celebrate her sewing comeback.

IMG_3104

I love the little strip of ruler fabric.

IMG_3113

 

The first project we worked on together was the Hamptons Handbag by Pink Sand Beach designs.

IMG_3342

I made mine with 2 1/2” strips left over from a jelly roll I used to make a quilt.  You might recognize the fabric.  It is Fresh Squeezed by Sandy Gervais.    

IMG_3340

My mom used a cute roll of 2 1/2” strips and some coordinating yardage she bought at JoAnns to make hers. 

IMG_3335 It is a wonderful pattern with lots of inside pockets.  It was fun to make and is even more fun to use.  I used some stash yardage for the lining and inside pockets as well as the bottom of the bag.

 

Unfortunately my mom hasn’t been able to sew with me recently.  She has been bed ridden for almost two months.  It looks like she is going to need back surgery again.  It is hard to see her go through this.  It is so hard to be physically limited and be in pain.  I know what she is going through and I finally understand how my husband feels.  I feel so helpless knowing I can’t make it better for her.

 

I hope she will be able to sew again.  She has so many projects planned and she is sad she can’t work on them.  She really wanted to make a gift for a friend.  So I used this ballerina fabric from my stash to make it for her.

IMG_3439

I’ll show you what we made after we have delivered the gift.

1 comments:

LynCC said...

I'm sorry your mom is going through such terrible back problems. :( Being down in the back is really awful! So, it sounds like you guys moved at the same time that we did! I'm impressed that you're already up and running in the sewing room. Way to go! I'm just now getting to my machine - gonna put a binding on a huge queen today so I can work on its stitching-down in the evenings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails